Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

If you have the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and you live in Austria you will be able to update your tablet.
    You can use Samsung KIES or OTA for this update. Make sure the WIFI is on for OTA updating.
    If you want to flash your tablet is this also possible. Go to samfirmware.com and download.
    Please flash only your own country.
    Some details about this firmware:
    This firmware is specially for Open Austria (Android 4.0.4)
    Build date June 25th
    PDA: P6200XXLQ1
    CSC: P6200OXALQ1
    MODEM: P6200XXLQ1

The next tablets will receive an Android 4.0 update.
    GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
    GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
    GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
    GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
    GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

Source:
    Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus | SamMobile

Download: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip

Anew update for P.6210 is out :

PDA: P6210XXLPN
    CSC: P6210OXALPN V
    ersion: 4.0.4
    Date: 2012-07-16
    Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Source: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5532

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by azharisadig; 07-23-2012 at 10:22 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Screen shopts from the my device running ics 4.0.4

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus-uploadfromtaptalk1341934829171.jpg   Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus-uploadfromtaptalk1341934870848.jpg  

Default Re: Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Austria? That's cool but i'm in the US. when is it coming to the states? My tab plus has been in my closet for a few months. ICS would give it some new life.

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by techandfixies View Post
    Austria? That's cool but i'm in the US. when is it coming to the states? My tab plus has been in my closet for a few months. ICS would give it some new life.
    Same here, I'll have to find where I put it and fire it up for the update.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I installed this update via odin on a Middle East version tab, very fast, and every thing works as it should .....

Thanked by:
    zeyd17 

ROM
    root/stock 4.1.2 and CM10

You say in your own post to "only update for your own country," yet you use an Austrian version to update in the Middle East?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I wrote that for others who have less experince with flashing roms. I installed it as ics allow reading right to left languages without difficulties and I used swiftkey for wirting

Quote Originally Posted by azharisadig View Post
    Screen shopts from the my device running ics 4.0.4

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Central Forums
    You know, every time someone posts something like this my feet start to itch I love my 7+ with Go Launcher on it. but I have a few ICS devices and I really want that OS on this tab! It's annoying that it's not in the US yet. One thing owning an android device will teach you is patience. Well, that or how to rant on a forum.
    Thanked by 2:

Actually the official upgrade 4.01 (6200 and 6210) is now available in a number of countries including England and Germany; and can be installed on U.S tablets. Check out the following discussion:

P6210 ICS Now available - xda-developers

Cbill
    Cbill
    Transformers (2), Xoom, Nook Color (MicroSD root), Galaxy 7+, Optimus V (root)
    Thanked by 2:

Talking Re: Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

OK, I took a leap of faith today.

I have no experience with rooting and roms, nor any kind of update other that the OTA offerings.

A couple of days ago, though, I pulled down the EL29-to-FF18 update for my Sprint GS2, and it went smoothly.
    So smoothly, in fact, that I followed up by running in the One-Click FF18 root.
    Really don't know why, and now I'm waiting to try to figure out how to unroot without losing all my data.

But I've grown very impatient waiting for the update for my GT-P6210 US wifi.
    This thread, and especially the post just above mine, finally pushed me over the edge.

I downloaded the whatever-you-call-it, unzipped it, and used Odin to install it.
    I now have a GT-P6210 running ICS 4.04!!
    Now, I'm waiting fearfully to discover what I've broken, and if you kind folk will be able to help me get my tablet working again if I really did shoot myself in the foot.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Six months ago, I wouldn't have dared to try this.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Works on the US 6210 like butter.

Anyone have detailed instructions on how to flash our tabs using odin? Want to make sure that I have all the right things checked.

Thanks,
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadon_Z View Post
    Anyone have detailed instructions on how to flash our tabs using odin? Want to make sure that I have all the right things checked.

Thanks,
    a. download samsung kies to get the correct driver for gt-p6200

b. download odin3 v.1.85: http://www.mediafire.com/?arcl4arqo9qc59v

c. download Stock Firmware Austria - P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/162811167/...1_ATO.zip.html

d. install Kies

e. extract Odin3-v1.85.zip

f. extract P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip until you get file P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5

g. turn off your tablet

h. enter download mode (press volume up button + power button about 5 seconds)

I. plug the usb cable to your pc and your tablet

j. run Odin3 v1.85.exe

k. Check if pc recognize your tablet by seeing ID:COM turn yellow and "Added!!" message in the message box lower left odin window.

l. Cllik PDA button and put P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5

m. make sure to uncheck re-partition

n. click start

o. odin processing takes about 5 minutes, wait patiently.

p. if there's a "SUCCEED" in the message box, your tablet will restart

q. wait about 10 minutes, you should get your ICS boot to system

Thanked by 3:

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by nrage23 View Post
    Works on the US 6210 like butter.
    Care to post the steps you took? I've never used Odin before.

-E- Couldn't I use Clockworkmod?
    Last edited by fender7217; 07-22-2012 at 07:27 PM.

ROM

Well Clockworkmod does not work. For some reason.

Using the link from cbill (I have the P-6210 U.S. version) and the instructions azharisadig provided using Odin...

I know you said to be patient, but I get stuck at this screen. Been here for about 10 minutes.

I guess I'm going to abort it here shortly and wait for some help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus-capture.jpg  

ROM

FINALLY!!!!

About four hours of work and I finally got it to work.

Using Mobile Odin Lite.

Wow, that was an ordeal...

ICS on this tablet is amazing.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Ok, new question.

How do I get the baby rooted again?

Two methods I've used before aren't working. Can't install a root.zip package in the stock recovery, and I can't flash CWM on the stock recovery either.

And a third method using a temporary CWM doesn't work. I try to make selections and it keeps reloading. Looks bugged.
    Last edited by fender7217; 07-22-2012 at 11:29 PM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by fender7217 View Post
    Ok, new question.

How do I get the baby rooted again?

Two methods I've used before aren't working. Can't install a root.zip package in the stock recovery, and I can't flash CWM on the stock recovery either.

And a third method using a temporary CWM doesn't work. I try to make selections and it keeps reloading. Looks bugged.
    Try this TUT: [ROOT] P6210 ICS + Firmware + Recovery - xda-developers
    Iam still using my P6200 without rooting, actually i had problems with wifi when i rooted it last month. I will keep it for a while without rooting

ROM

My goodness, I'm answering all my own questions now.

Got her rooted now. The temporary CWM is very finnaky and you need a mixture of touch screen selections and using the volume buttons and power buttons to navigate. Finally figured it out and was able to install a root.zip thru a temp. CWM.

Still don't know how to get a permanent CWM recovery installed, but I don't even care about that. Don't really need it. Have my tablet running at peak performance now.

If anyone wants any help after reading all of my posts here, ask away.

It took me ages to figure out (and I've rooted/flashed many different devices - this was by far the most difficult). But I've got 4.0.4 flashed and rooted back up.

Used Mobile Odin Lite to flash
    need to download the right flashkernel for that to work too
    Then used a temp CWM recovery image to install a root.zip

Seems simple, but I tried so many other ways first that did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by azharisadig View Post
    Try this TUT: [ROOT] P6210 ICS + Firmware + Recovery - xda-developers
    Iam still using my P6200 without rooting, actually i had problems with wifi when i rooted it last month. I will keep it for a while without rooting
    Yes, this is exactly what I used. Needed that temp CWM image from here.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Could you post a simple tut to others.. Also any chances for P.6200...

ROM

This is for the U.S. P6210 Galaxy Tab... These are the exact steps I took (that worked) so I know you will be successful if you follow these steps correctly. There may be other tutorials out there that have it packaged better, but like I said, this is just what I did.

Download 4.0.4 on your computer and unzip the file. It will be a tar.md5 file. Just put it on your external SD card: P6210 ICS Now available - xda-developers

Download Mobile Odin Lite from here, but don't install it yet: [09.07.2012] Mobile ODIN v3.00 [ROOT] - xda-developers

Scroll down in the same thread to find the right FlashKernel for your device. This is what makes Mobile Odin Lite work. If you have $5 for the Pro version you don't need to do this step - it will be installed for you.

After you have the Mobile Odin Lite .apk and the FlashKernel downloaded, install the FlashKernel first. Then install Mobile Odin Lite.

Launch Mobile Odin and choose "select file"

Select that tar.md5 file from earlier. It should fill in a bunch of fields with information on the main screen of Mobile Odin. Now scroll to the bottom and select "Flash"

It will do its thing and reboot. This process will take 5 minutes or so. Now you've got 4.0.4

If you had root, you lost it. Here is how to root the 4.0.4 ROM, because other methods do not work.

Go to the fourth post in this thread: [ROOT] P6210 ICS + Firmware + Recovery - xda-developers

Download the root.zip and CWM.zip. Leave them zipped and put them on your external SD card.

Launch into recovery mode. (with the device off, hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time. When the Samsung logo appears, release the buttons)

Some lines of code will appear. Using the volume rockers to scroll, go to "apply update from external storage."

Use the power button to select the option.

Scroll to CWM.zip and select it.

Now it will launch a temporary version of Clockworkmod which you need for rooting. This version for me was very tempremental and looks bugged at first. Stick with it, because it did work for me. I had to use a combonation of touch selections (CWM is touch sensitive) and scolling with the volume/power buttons. You need to navigate to "install .zip from sdcard."

Once you get there, select the root.zip. Again, be patient, because the temporary CWM is buggy with the selections. Use your fingers on the screen and/or the volume buttons to navigate.

You need to scroll down through all the "No, No, No, No..." To the "Yes, I want to install" option. This is just a safety protocol.

Once you select "Yes, install" the root.zip will root your device. This process only takes a matter of seconds.

Now select "reboot" in CWM and your device should be flashed and rooted. Download Root Checker, Busybox and SuperUser from the Play Store.

Launch Root Checker and verify if you have root access.

If successful, install the binaries from BusyBox then update SuperUser binaries.

Congrats! Hope this helps. Any questions, let me know.

Proof of my flashed and rooted device attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus-screenshot_2012-07-23-13-25-19.jpg   Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus-screenshot_2012-07-23-13-25-49.jpg  
    Last edited by fender7217; 07-23-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM

-E- This was a reply to cbill... But it seems he has deleted his post? Oh well, here is some clarification.

On downloading Mobile Odin Lite: Either way. You can either download it directly on your tablet or download it on your computer and transfer it. But here is what I did...

In the thread, at the bottom of the first post there is the link to download the Mobile Odin Lite .apk. Or you can click for a QR code. Do this.

Use a barcode scanner to scan the QR code and click the link it give you. It will immediately start to download the .apk to your tablet.

You can do the same for the FlashKernel. Just use the QR code and scan the correct FlashKernel (which, for the P6210 is located in the 7th post. You use the version for the P6200).

Once they're downloaded, install the FlashKernel first, then install Mobile Odin Lite.

In general, I believe installing will automatically do it to the internal SD card. I don't think you even get the option to choose - but don't quote me on that, I can't remember exactly. But I downloaded everything to my external SD. It really doesn't matter where you put it, though.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by fender7217; 07-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Thanked by:
    cbill 

I posted a video on YouTube showing step by step how to install ics on the galaxy tab. Search "2ndaccord" and u will find how to root, how to install ics, and a review on ics as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Fender: Thanks for your quick and thorough response. It was a great help. Yes I did remove my comments; but glad you got them before I did. I was not sure if my questions would be understandable as written, but evidently they were, as you answered them.

I noticed the "Odin Mobile Pro" requires root, and that does bother me, as it appears removing root (to prepare for OTA) may be a little iffy at this time.

I have saved all of your guidance, but I am now going to explore whether using regular Odin on the computer eliminates the need for root, as I assume root is only needed to be able to write to the external SD using Mobile Odin.

If you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on this please chime in.

The only other question in my mind is: Do we have to restore to HC in order to get the OTA; and if so, can we get a full data backup without root. I would think Google Backup would accomplish that, but I do wish I could be confident. Not that it would be tragic if I lost my data, just an inconvenience I would rather avoid.

I have been relentlessly tracking all this on the major sites: but I still have more questions than answers. I guess I may have to go ahead and roll the dice, and realize I may not have all the answers before I face the problem(s).

Thanks again for your enlightening discussion.
    Last edited by cbill; 07-23-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Cbill
    Transformers (2), Xoom, Nook Color (MicroSD root), Galaxy 7+, Optimus V (root)

ROM

I wouldn't worry about getting the OTA from Samsung, because this is the official release you are flashing. It just hasn't been released in the U.S. yet.

I did forget to mention that you need to be rooted before using Mobile Odin. That is true. You need to be rooted to use it, then you will lose root, then need to re-root if you so desire.

I tried using Odin on the computer first and it did not work for me. So that's why I tried other methods. That could be because I've never used Odin before, because plenty of people have been successful with it. Just not me.

You do need to be on stock Honeycomb before flashing. I also forgot to mention that too.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast