1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ics is here!!!!!

Only thru Kies , go chech it now!!!
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Talking Re: Ics is here!!!!!

Sorry CHECK IT OUT !!!!(typo)

Default Re: Ics is here!!!!!

I live in U.S., have been looking for the Android 4 upgrade. Thanks to morami, I checked Kies...it downloaded to my pc the latest kies, then notified me about an update. I accepted it, had my 7.0 + Wireless tablet plugged into the PC, and Kies offered an update to the operating system. I accepted. Big download, took quite a while, but now my setting indicates that I have Android 4.04! Looks have changed some, now I will explore the new operating system.
    Thanked by:
    tmueller516 likes this.

No kidding. I've been very unhappy with 3.0 (seems to crash a lot on my Samsung 7.0 Plus) so I've been trying to stay up to date regarding the talked about ICS update for the 7.0+. I haven't been using Kies but read that any updates would come via a Kies connection with the 7.0+ so I installed the newest version on both the tablet and my PC and lo and behold, it said there was a firm wear update available for the 7.0+. I ran the firm wear update and voila - ICS. Now I have something new to play with - and hopefully I won't have the same problems I had with 3.0. By the way, I have the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7.0 Plus, 16gb, Wi-Fi (GT - P6210). Have fun.

Thanked by:

Thanks morami and dprand. Very simple, I installed Kies on my laptop, plugged in my 7.0+, followed the instructions and now have ICS 4.0.4! Thanks again!

Not hard at all. Thanks for the info. Worked great.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Downloading something now through laptop and Kies...
    Firmware upgrade GT-P6210 Ver.11.09.23.02.
    Latest firmware version: PDA:LPC / CSC:LPC (XAR)

Yeah... new screen... Android 4.0.4 ICS!!

ICS update took less than 20 minutes!

Unfortunately it wiped clean the screens so I'll need to customize it again but that's OK since the OS has finally been updated!!!
    Last edited by mchan1; 08-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.

ROM
    root/stock 4.1.2 and CM10

Now we just need some good ROMs to finally get rid of Samsung's crappy TouchWiz.

CM9 is close to being done, I think. Can't come soon enough.

Hi, new here! I downloaded my update, but haven't installed it (I Need to make sure all my stuff is safe first, moving movies to my 8 GB microsd card) . Is flash still usable with this update? Sometimes I visit sites that have flash (like sunday ads) when I am not using my PC) and I know that eventually flash won't be available for mobile devices. I also, since I read the apps get removed from the screens, need to take screen shots of what I have on each screen before I update. It said I would have to install the update if I "wish to continue using Samsung Media Hub".

(p.s.slightly off topic....Hulu Plus is still not available for Tab 7 inch plus, but IS for the tab 2!)

edit: my update wasn't for Android 4.0.....I still have 3.2...and when I check for uodates again, it says there aren't any. So, I tried installing Kies Air on my desktop and my tablet...and still nothing....HELP!
    Last edited by jediliz; 08-16-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding some extra things
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

You need Kies for PC.
    Then you connect your tablet to PC with Samsung Kies on.
    Kies will recognize your tablet and ask you to update to the new firmware.
    Hope it helps.
    Good luck!
    Kies for PC link.
    Last edited by morami; 08-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.

I downloaded Kies for PC and stuff...but I think my issue is I have a WIFI only model...that may be why I have not gotten the update yet?

And there's this:

WIFi only model doesn't have a link yet for ICS....?

I updated to the UK version a few weeks ago. Just going to keep using that version since I have all my apps set.

I figured out I needed a different Kies program and upgraded. I got upset because I thought I lost a few videos I had taken with my video camera and my pictures...but luckily I found those...then I backed up most of my data. Now I have to customize ALL my screens...that will take forever...and for some reason it won't let me add a digital clock to my third screen (the one with the Internet browser link, etc) so this will take some getting used to. I may have to rearrange the whole thing.....at least I took screenshots earlier today.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Did you install ICS?? Y/N ??
    I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi (P6210) and live in US and I did exactly as I said in my post.
    Took less than 15 minutes.

I updated my tablet a few weeks ago, using the UK version.

It's been good, but I noticed that Kies kept saying that my device could not be updated that way.
    I really wanted to get my system back into US mode, so I've been impatiently waiting.

Yesterday, I downloaded the XAR version. When Kies still sneered at me, I tried installing it using Odin 1.85 and my cable. !!Success!!

I didn't lose anything, Keis now likes my tablet again, and it all looks good.
    Can't believe how easy this was, after all the fears and stories of bricking.

So --- where is the official Jelly Bean rom?

Good to know that we can switch between different firmware like that via odin. I am then going to consider loading the UK version since I am having Bluetooth issues with one of my devices to see if it fixes it. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

I downloaded the new OS 4.04 ICS late on Thursday as I wanted to have a full charge before starting. On Friday morning the battery was down to 25%. I charged again yesterday and down to 70%. I closed all running apps, why is it draining the battery so fast? I didn't have that issue with 3.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Took me two days and three tries to get it to work. Finally recognized my tablet. In process now. Gonna be a great day.
    Pam

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have tried this repeatedly over the past few days. Kies freezes, usually in the first moment of the "Downloading Firmware Upgrade Components" task. A few times that download reaches 100%, but when the "Downloading File" task starts, only 1 or 2% arrives before I get a time out message.

I had two online chats with Samsung that were not very helpful. I reinstalled Kies. I re-downloaded and reinstalled Kies. I even (at the suggestion of Samsung) reset my Tab (then spent hours reconstructing my setup from the backup & still the Play Store lost some of my apps). Nothing has worked yet.

I am using a Windows 7 laptop with typical download speeds of 3 to 8 megs. I think there must be a bottleneck with Samsung servers. If so, I will just have to wait for demand to wane. Someday I will have ICS

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Steve

Hi, where are you locate as I recently got GT-P6210UWAXAC CANADA SOFTWARE LB2 and am about to through this junk out the window, as even acer a100 with ics works like a charm, exept crappy and ghosty screen. Anyway anyone knows something about ICS ubdates for canada as for sameung tab 7.0 plus ???

Lightbulb Re: Ics is here!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massmore View Post
    I have tried this repeatedly over the past few days. Kies freezes, usually in the first moment of the "Downloading Firmware Upgrade Components" task. A few times that download reaches 100%, but when the "Downloading File" task starts, only 1 or 2% arrives before I get a time out message.

I had two online chats with Samsung that were not very helpful. I reinstalled Kies. I re-downloaded and reinstalled Kies. I even (at the suggestion of Samsung) reset my Tab (then spent hours reconstructing my setup from the backup & still the Play Store lost some of my apps). Nothing has worked yet.

I am using a Windows 7 laptop with typical download speeds of 3 to 8 megs. I think there must be a bottleneck with Samsung servers. If so, I will just have to wait for demand to wane. Someday I will have ICS

Steve
    Steve, just a thought. Have you tried borrowing a different USB cable or at least a different USB port on your computer, or even another computer? Sometimes hardware can be stubborn!

Quote Originally Posted by Massmore View Post

Steve
    Had the same problem. Finally I changed from my wifi connection to a direct ethernet connection (cabled) and immediately problem resolved and firmware update quickly completed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    HTC One M8
    (Prev: , Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Atrix, Blackberry 9700, Moto Q Global)

Got my ICS update on my SGT 7.0 plus on monday OTA... its wifi only model, im in New York City. Works great.. having lots of fun with it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gina143 View Post
    I downloaded the new OS 4.04 ICS late on Thursday as I wanted to have a full charge before starting. On Friday morning the battery was down to 25%. I charged again yesterday and down to 70%. I closed all running apps, why is it draining the battery so fast? I didn't have that issue with 3.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
    have you had any success in figuring this out? I am having the same battery drain issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast