Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped
    Taizjay Ross likes this.

Default Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

i got a massage 'unfortunately ui has stop working' and i have power off my q3 tab.now i cant power on my tab,there is only showing anaroid and also i cnt power off my tab.please if you can help me to fix this problem

Same problem plz help

To solve gallery problem, just go to Settings-Apps-All- find Media Storage- then click Enable..

I updated Galaxy2 (not rooted.....yet) via Kies from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2 JBean. No camera, alarm, music player, or gallery and had the annoying process media error message almost constantly.

Tried removing SD card, disabling account syncs and cleared every cache there is with no change.

Disabled DRM protected content and disable Media storage apps, using settings> application manager>all.

This basically stops any access to any media (music, ring tones, sd card ,photos, etc).

So I reluctantly did a factory reset not expecting it to work...but it did

Worth a try.

Thumbs up Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

This is what worked for my Nook with Androidfornook sd card. Finally!!! Thank you so much for this much needed solution!!! !:

...pls help me

Thanks for the answer
    Q. How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped ?
    A. To solve gallery problem, just go to Settings-Apps-All- find Media Storage- then click Enable..

Default Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

I get message tittled 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped' from my TV mobile phone when i turned on. since getting this message i cannot make a call from TVC phone. please assist how to rectify this problem

Regards,
    Ngowi

Does this erase all information from your phone?

Clearing the cache for my uTorrent fixed it for me.

add simple one line code in your AndroidManifest.xml file

< application

android:allowBackup="true"

**android:largeHeap="true"**

android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
    android:label="@string/app_name"
    android:theme="@style/Apptheme"
    >

How to fix unfortunately android process. Media because i cant open my photos and music

I have the same problem
    That message comes and my tablet shuts down automatically! I can't open my Music, Google Play Music or Camera!
    One of my friend suggested Clean Master Cleaner to delete the junk files!

This seems to be working for now. Thank you for the link. I hate to say it but after paying this much for a phone and having as many issues with it as I'm having, I will be going back to iphone with my next upgrade. This is out of control.

What link are you talking about ? So far I haven't seen any fix for this. Thanks

There is one way i know to fix this problem without factory reset. It is to go settings ->application manger -> all-> and clear data on contact and contact storage in app manager. This will fix the problem.

But... Your data for contacts will be wiped away. So remember to BACKUP!

When i go to settings/apps and try to open media storage i get an error "unfortunately settings has stopped" how can i fix this?

This worked for me.
    Go to Settings - All Apps - Media Storage - Disable (if enabled) - Force Close - Enable.
    If Enabled, then Disable - Force Close and Enable again.
    Reboot Phone.
    You should be good to go.
    Hope it works for you too!

Thumbs up Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

I just updated my Galaxy Not 3 and of course I also got that dreaded error message - "unfortunately, the process.android.media has stopped" so for the last 2 hours I have been searching the web for a fix. This is how I landed here. After reading nearly all of the Q/As I was getting ready to do the unthinkable "Factory Reset". Then I came across Student6000 answer... Well I'm here to say Thank You, Student6000 solution worked. I tried several other so called "Solutions" but none worked But Student6000 DID!!! So thank you very much.

Did that work for u ??

Just got this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Was furious, tearing my hair out, screaming, frantically searching for a means to fix it without a factory reset. student6000's solution saved the day, thanks so much!!
    Doris Watts likes this.

The solution on this page worked for me (see step number 4):

Force close error or process stops unexpectedly... | T-Mobile Support

My Galaxy Exhibit 2 is doing the same exact thing! Won't
    let me factory reset, download or remove apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by sassynachos View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy, the first one I believe which came out in 2012. My phone will not let me do a thing. I have done everything you could possibly imagine, factory reset, Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache. Not one thing worked. Help.

Mine will not Force Close. I have tried it several time. Any suggestions? Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchezSniper View Post

This worked for me.
    Go to Settings - All Apps - Media Storage - Disable (if enabled) - Force Close - Enable.
    If Enabled, then Disable - Force Close and Enable again.
    Reboot Phone.
    You should be good to go.
    Hope it works for you too!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast