How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

KeeblerCookies2013

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just recently did a software update to my device, since my device was prompting me to. Then this error message would keep popping up after reboot and would slow down my device. It pops up about every 4 -5 seconds and won't give me a chance to barely do anything. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Willduck9

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here ... looks like a major problem with update even though it ran thru without a hitch. Also Samsung Gallery does not work at all. The Samsung chat tech said I had to go a factory reset which will delete everything SO BACKUP WHAT YOU CAN AND DON'T DO THIS UPATE IF YOU HAVEN'T YET Here's the link for the factory reset SAMSUNG's Digital World - Support

Last edited:

stefankurt

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to Jelly Bean (offered to me, not requested) and continually have the message "android.process.media has stopped" . I now cannot use my Galaxy note 10.1. This must be addressed by Samsung, surely. On reflection, why doesn't Samsung have a "relationship" with its customers?

sassynachos

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy, the first one I believe which came out in 2012. My phone will not let me do a thing. I have done everything you could possibly imagine, factory reset, Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache. Not one thing worked. Help. :(

Alan Kelly

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
HELP
I can't access my gallery or use drobox, camera etc.
I can't do anything with my gmail account as this warning keep popping up and shutting everything down when I click ok, all I want to know is how I can fix this without losing any information asap please can anyone help.

Did you finally sort it out, please advise?

Last edited by a moderator:

amitroxton

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note I am having problem that unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped. How to do ?

I have restarted phone its not solved,
I can't use my phone contact and e-mail and other all stuff, Devis is working very slow, Please your help will be appriciate.

Thanks
AMIT

Zuriel Dujali

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
to remove the errors, you need to hard reset your phone. (which will reformat your phone and erase your data)

steps:

1. Turn off your phone
2. hold down the volume up button and the home button and hold down the power button until the logo shows up
3. use the volume keys to move and the power button to select
4. select "wipe data/factory reset"
5.and reboot your phone...

i hoped that helped...

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is another solution (that I think is a better one) that worked on my Galaxy Tab 7.7. Go into Settings/Applications/All and find Google Services Framework and clear the cache (if any) and clear data. Reboot, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone still having issues after trying the above method(s) like I did.

BenjiKay

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
PMfunkydrums773
Shutting down and restarting does nothing on my Droid Bionic.

I found a solution on XDA forums that seems to have worked. Disable DRM Protected Content Storage and Media Storage in your Apps list.

Details here:

please help!!! unfortunately, the process.android.media has stopped - xda-developers
SOLVED

after going through numerous threads and a dozen methods, that one finally helped me solved the problem. I later re-enabled the above apps and so far smooth sailing, THANKS

Bibhas Karmakar

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
this is bibhas from india .i m using intex aqua style .....i am getting a pop up when i m going to search any thing from my mobile...."Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped"..
i have tried every procedure which is given on the top......solution........plz help me.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc