Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Battery: Red "X" and Lightening Bolt

Its the cable that came with it thats the problem. I had the red x on my battery symbol until I switched to the cable I use for my s3.
    Stefan Torres1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotguy2k2 View Post
    Using a toothpick, clean the charging connector, the one at the end of charger, and then do the same at dock connection on tablet. Worked for me, no more dreaded red X.

Hi all,
    My son and daughter both had the dreaded red X when the OEM charger was plugged in. I resolved this by copious amounts of switch cleaner into the tablet end of the charging cable, allowed to dry and HEY PRESTO! All is now well and both tablets charging fine.

I hope this helps.

Toothpick idea was great as long as you aren't rough. I used that and then blew air into both the tablet and charger and all is well. Turned out to be something minute on connectors so the full charge wasn't passing through! Very frustrating.... Was about to cry! Phew!

i do to mine like this
    if you install custom roms
    i have paranoid android now
    charge from the 2.1 or 2A charger alot faster and charge from USB (PC) aswell also charge faster

This solution worked for me. I was stressing it because the tab isn't that old. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottCW View Post
    The same issue was happening to me when I forgot my charger at a hotel and purchased another Samsung charger from Amazon. The Red X was annoying!!! Someone told me to power off my Samsung Tab 2 10.1 then plug it into the wall, then to the device then turn the power back on. No more Red X! Hope this helps.

Hello and merry Christmas to everyone,
    I have got more or less the same problem, I purchased a Samsung galaxy note tab 4 from yourself and sadly it will not charge. I have a Samsung phone with the same charger and the charger that came with the tablet works fine with my phone but not the tablet. My phone charger won't charge the tablet either.
    Also when the charger is plugged in, a red 'X' appears over the battery icon in the top right corner. The battery is now dead.
    I also tried to charge the tablet from my laptop (usb) but it does not charge.
    Do you have any sdvice?
    many thanks in advice

Thumbs up Re: Battery: Red "X" and Lightening Bolt

Thanks a lot Patrick, cleaning the charging port resolved my issue.

Happy charging !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pia Macchiato View Post
    Why is there a red "x" and lightening bolt on the battery icon of my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus tablet? How do I fix this? Thanks. It also says that it is charging even when not plugged into adapter. When I am about to shut down the tablet it shows big battery charging from 100% to 80% with out being plugged in. Help!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Does the "red X" mean damage is being done or just that it's charging slow. I plug by Tab into the USB on my docking station at work and get the X, using a wall charger, no X. I don't care if it's charging a little slow, just don't want to damage it.

I kind of have the same problem, However mine is charging even though there's a red cross over the battery as described in this thread. *puzzled* I haven't tried the "compressed air" or "alcohol" method yet. as I have neither.. But could this be a different problem maybe than a connector issue?

Exclamation Re: Battery: Red "X" and Lightening Bolt

I'm having the same problem on my Tab 2 7.0. Although my device AND charger are quite old I am quite worried that it could lead to something more serious. I am not using a 3rd party charger. I found that blowing into the ports works but I cannot access anything on my computer from it, meaning that YouTube is becoming even harder for me to manage. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pia Macchiato View Post
    Why is there a red "x" and lightening bolt on the battery icon of my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus tablet? How do I fix this? Thanks. It also says that it is charging even when not plugged into adapter. When I am about to shut down the tablet it shows big battery charging from 100% to 80% with out being plugged in. Help!
    This happened just now with me, I just had to make sure that the plug and attachment were secured. This is why it recharges slowly, there is less electricity getting through the barely attached output and plug add on. Hope this is the case with everyone else, but if not, please take your device into a repair shop to get it checked
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12