1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy If you've been waiting for JB - A Chat with Samsung

This really says it all. Just closed out a chat I started because I was tired of just hitting the "software update" button:

Visitor: Hi there. I'm beginning to lose both hope and product faith. When will I see an update for my Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus from ICS to JB? It has been reported that the update would happen beginning Feb 22, 2013, but that does not seem to be happening.
    Kate: We're really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Kate: What is the model code of the tab?
    Visitor: GT-P6210MAAXAR
    Kate: Thank you.
    Kate: Have you registered the tablet on Samsung.com and tried to update using Kies and over the air?
    Visitor: Yes, Yes, and Yes.
    Kate: Thanks for confirming.
    Kate: When you try to update are you getting any error?
    Visitor: No error, just "no update available"
    Kate: I request you stay online for few minutes while I provide you further information.
    Kate: Thanks for holding.
    Kate: Samsung has released the update in patches for all the registered users, the update will be available for your tab model when it's available.
    Visitor: That really does not tell me anything. Is the updated currently be distributed? In the US? When may I expect it? I'm in my sixties - I can't wait that much longer. (Get the cynicism?)
    Kate: Yes, it's available in the US and is available to all the registered users in patches.
    Kate: Currently there's no information available as when it will be available for your tab model, you can check for regular updates on Samsung web site under the news section.
    Visitor: Are you confirming to me that the article that SAMSUNG released quoting a Feb 22 2013 release date was not true?
    Kate: It's true and the update is available in patches, that's the reason it's taking time to get the update.
    Kate: It was not released for all the users at a time.
    Visitor: Can you tell me where it is being released, and give me even a hint of when I may expect it?
    Visitor: I'm also confused - you say released in patches, but this is an OS upgrade.
    Kate: It has been released all over the US, the information available on the update availability for specific user.
    Kate: We request you wait for some time and you will get the update.
    Visitor: Thanks. I'm kind of frustrated though. I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 that we keep getting the runaround on, 2 Samsung TVs that die with regularity, and you really aren't telling me anything, though you're trying to be nice about it.
    Visitor: "Wait some time"? I've done nothing but. I don't want to install these non-standard mods, or root. I just want the new update.
    Kate: I understand your concern with the issue.
    Kate: I will forward your request to the appropriate department, they will work on the issue so that you will get the update as soon as possible.
    Visitor: Thanks. Wish you could do something other than soft-soap me, though.
    Visitor: Bye
    Kate: Once again we are really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Kate: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Visitor: No.

I'm not mad, I'm just disgusted with the company

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: If you've been waiting for JB - A Chat with Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by spensergig View Post
    This really says it all. Just closed out a chat I started because I was tired of just hitting the "software update" button:

Visitor: Hi there. I'm beginning to lose both hope and product faith. When will I see an update for my Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus from ICS to JB? It has been reported that the update would happen beginning Feb 22, 2013, but that does not seem to be happening.
    Kate: We're really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Kate: What is the model code of the tab?
    Visitor: GT-P6210MAAXAR
    Kate: Thank you.
    Kate: Have you registered the tablet on Samsung.com and tried to update using Kies and over the air?
    Visitor: Yes, Yes, and Yes.
    Kate: Thanks for confirming.
    Kate: When you try to update are you getting any error?
    Visitor: No error, just "no update available"
    Kate: I request you stay online for few minutes while I provide you further information.
    Kate: Thanks for holding.
    Kate: Samsung has released the update in patches for all the registered users, the update will be available for your tab model when it's available.
    Visitor: That really does not tell me anything. Is the updated currently be distributed? In the US? When may I expect it? I'm in my sixties - I can't wait that much longer. (Get the cynicism?)
    Kate: Yes, it's available in the US and is available to all the registered users in patches.
    Kate: Currently there's no information available as when it will be available for your tab model, you can check for regular updates on Samsung web site under the news section.
    Visitor: Are you confirming to me that the article that SAMSUNG released quoting a Feb 22 2013 release date was not true?
    Kate: It's true and the update is available in patches, that's the reason it's taking time to get the update.
    Kate: It was not released for all the users at a time.
    Visitor: Can you tell me where it is being released, and give me even a hint of when I may expect it?
    Visitor: I'm also confused - you say released in patches, but this is an OS upgrade.
    Kate: It has been released all over the US, the information available on the update availability for specific user.
    Kate: We request you wait for some time and you will get the update.
    Visitor: Thanks. I'm kind of frustrated though. I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 that we keep getting the runaround on, 2 Samsung TVs that die with regularity, and you really aren't telling me anything, though you're trying to be nice about it.
    Visitor: "Wait some time"? I've done nothing but. I don't want to install these non-standard mods, or root. I just want the new update.
    Kate: I understand your concern with the issue.
    Kate: I will forward your request to the appropriate department, they will work on the issue so that you will get the update as soon as possible.
    Visitor: Thanks. Wish you could do something other than soft-soap me, though.
    Visitor: Bye
    Kate: Once again we are really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Kate: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Visitor: No.

I'm not mad, I'm just disgusted with the company
    Samsung is notorious for slow updates on all their devices.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."

Or this may seem to be like a conversation with a third party "call centers".
    They dont know anything except what is written on their "cue cards".
    If they are really pushed to the wall, their usual response is "Kate: I will forward your request to the appropriate department, they will work on the issue so that you will get the update as soon as possible."

I think it was almost a month or two after the reported OS release date just to get the ICS update for my tablet. This is where Apple does deliver OS updates when they say they do and I wish Samsung would follow through. I quit hitting the update button, I will wait for the push notification if it ever gets pushed.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    I think it was almost a month or two after the reported OS release date just to get the ICS update for my tablet. This is where Apple does deliver OS updates when they say they do and I wish Samsung would follow through. I quit hitting the update button, I will wait for the push notification if it ever gets pushed.

Jelly Bean starting to hit Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus | Android Central

I read the exact article in the Pulse app, but thanks for the update. I am looking forward to the update.

I had a chat with a rep from Samsung today and the 7" tab plus will not be getting JB, only the 10" versions.

Seems odd since it's already been released for Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    I had a chat with a rep from Samsung today and the 7" tab plus will not be getting JB, only the 10" versions.

WOW! What a crock! And especially after they showed on their website that the 7.0 Plus would be getting JB.
    I wonder what their reason is for not giving us JB?
    No doubt something along the lines of "Planned Obsolescence"?

I repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    Seems odd since it's already been released for Austria.
    Last edited by bluzman; 05-03-2013 at 10:36 AM.

I am hoping the rep I talked to was clueless when she told me the 7.0 plus wasn't getting JB. I myself have read the articles saying we will. I hope we do. I am thimking about selling my tablet and get the Galaxy Note 2 or GS4 in a month or two.

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    I repeat...
    Well, I am hoping it comes soon! It seems I have been waiting forever!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    For all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Samsung is notorious for slow updates on all their devices.
    Samsung actually sold me an accessory for a phone that was over a year old that required 2.2 when the latest for this phone was 2.1. I bought the phone on closeout at verizon and it was nearly a year before the update was released.