Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 7 Plus (GT-p6200) out

seking

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy Tab 7 Plus wifi + 3 G has been released. This is for Austria. But English language also suported. I updated mine and rooted. Everything is more fluid. Some few new menu are also there
1. Sharing of media files via DLNA
2 Blocking mode
3. Smart Stay(for Screen while watching videos)
4. .Swype Keyboard missing
Download links:
P6200XXMC3_P6200OXAMC3_ATO.zip
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Samsung-Updates.com-GT-P6200-ATO-P6200XXMC3-1364212127.zip
box.com/shared/static/l4peijir8fvo5wtvjwuv.zip

For Rooting:

Cwm and root official jb firmware gt p6200 - xda-developers

killroy0117

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Seking. my P6200 is still running on ICS. I am based in the Philippines. If i update it using this file (for austria), would it be compatible or safe? I'm afraid my unit might get bricked. appreciate your inputs.

thanks much.

Anim@l

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend you wait for the update in the Philippines.
As far as I know, JB roll out for the 7.0 Plus has been released in the following Asian countries.
Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Thailand.

Anim@l

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have received the JB update for my P6200 via OTA.
It is now running on JB.
Unfortunately, I cannot get a screenshot as I used to when it was in ICS.
The screenshot button in ICS is now gone in JB.
Still need to explore on this functionality.

elytron

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Will the USA recieve this Jellybean update? So far my GT P6210 says there are no updates available. Also do I need to install Samsung Kies software? Can I upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean over wifi without a PC? I use Linux and don't have access to a Windows machine at the moment.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have received the JB update for my P6200 via OTA.
It is now running on JB.
Unfortunately, I cannot get a screenshot as I used to when it was in ICS.
The screenshot button in ICS is now gone in JB.
Still need to explore on this functionality.

Is the screenshot really gone or are we just overlooking it? I loved the screenshot button in quick launch cuz it made it so you didn't have to leave the page to take a screenshot like you have to do if you use the screenshot apps found in the market. This is really annoying, I can't imagine why they'd remove screenshot (or quick launch) but they left the hidden popup menu that only lets you choose pre-selected apps.

Anim@l

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the screenshot really gone or are we just overlooking it? I loved the screenshot button in quick launch cuz it made it so you didn't have to leave the page to take a screenshot like you have to do if you use the screenshot apps found in the market. This is really annoying, I can't imagine why they'd remove screenshot (or quick launch) but they left the hidden popup menu that only lets you choose pre-selected apps.

The P6200 with ICS has a dedicated button for screenshots.
But when I upgraded to JB, this button is now gone.
To do screenshots, I use the power button + Volume Down

Anim@l

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Will the USA recieve this Jellybean update? So far my GT P6210 says there are no updates available. Also do I need to install Samsung Kies software? Can I upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean over wifi without a PC? I use Linux and don't have access to a Windows machine at the moment.

I cannot answer your 1st question. What I did was searched on the internet for upgrade news and patiently waited.

Q2. I dont think it is necessary to have a Kies software but when I upgraded my Tab from HC to ICS, I used Kies since there were not OTA updates. I saw some posts in the internet about using Kies so I tried and found an upgrade from HC to ICS.

Q3. Yes, you can. That is exactly what I did to upgrade ICS to JB.

Hope this helps.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The P6200 with ICS has a dedicated button for screenshots.
But when I upgraded to JB, this button is now gone.
To do screenshots, I use the power button + Volume Down

Thanks for pointing that out, I would've never figured that out. They really changed the screenshot (and the photo editor) but I'm glad they didn't get rid of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac