Cleaning up memory space.

D_ko

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know how to go about cleaning up my memory. I think I have files on my tab and sd card that I do not need. I see this when I hook my Galaxy Tab up to my Mac. I think this because this is what I see... :confused:

Tab memory

Alarms
Android
ApplifierVideoCache
burstlyimageCache
burstlyVideocache
DCIM
Download
innerGarden <~~(I think this was an app the little one installed and I uninstalled later)
Input
kindle <~~(I know this is one I want to keep)
MagicRing <~~(?)
mm_uuid.info <~~(this looks like a text tab)
MovieMakerLib
Movies
Music <~~(duh...)

Then when I look at my SD card this is what I see. I might want to note that the SD card came from my first android cell phone. I put it into my tab to add memory to it

Android
browser
com
crashlogs
DCIM
Download
glu
incrediapp.robodefense.backup.full <~~(This was a game I played on my phone NOT my tab)
kindle
logs
LOST.DIR
media
Messagaing
mms_oom_hprof_data
my_flix
my_music
my_pix
my_sounds
twc-cache

As you could guess I opened up a few of these and they went to empty folders?!?! I don't really understand to much of it but I like the idea of my tab having EVERY bit of memory space it can get.

What can I do to get this figured out? Can I remove some of these folders because they will never be used?

What folders would I NEED TO KEEP?

What folders I can delete?

:confused:

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
LOST.DIR, isn't important. If you use Windows. Don't delete if you have another OS.
All those other files- Don't delete the files, if you have the related app.
Example: "Example-app", if there is a app with the same name, or similar (Exampleapp), don't delete it. It won't do serious harm, but will delete the apps data

Sent from my XOOM.

D_ko

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
That's cool man thanks a lot! I was just a bit confused as it just seemed like a lot of what I would see as needless. But if I need to keep the folders and not the files in the folders then ...I have some work to do.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Your welcome :)
Are you going to delete app?
-If so delete the folder entirely. Sometimes un-installing apps dosen`t get rid of the folders. This does remove the data.

Last edited:

D_ko

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
A lot of the apps are already gone and the folders included. I was just thinking of not needing all of the folders on the sd card because anything I want to download will be saved on the tab. My music and pics ect will be on the sd card.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
If you have photos move them to somewhere safe.
If all the apps are deleted, delete the folders. Unless you have a photo app, in which that will delete your photos you made with the app.

Sent from my XOOM.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I use an app named Clean Master that gets rid of leftover remnants of old apps. It can really reclaim a lot of memory.

Posted via Android Central App