Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vferrari
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Manuall

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Man

Are you going to try it? I am somewhat content with ICS since flash works. Flash is no longer supported in JB.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Man

Flash still works in jb, you just have to side load the app after d/l ing the latest apk from the adobe site.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    Deedsy likes this.

What a joy to see this today, especially after a nasty chat with a samsung rep 2 weeks ago where they told me that "These are the models that can be updated to the 4.1.1, GT-P3113, GT-P5113, and the GT-N8013."

Download was long but uneventful, installation went fine, but.......

What happened to my swype keyboard?
    Who took it, and how do i get it back?
    I tried the Play Store, and all they have is a 30-day trial version.

Can anyone help? Is this a "feature"?

This worked great on my tablet. Loving it.

Installed it on my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and i'm loving it! Now to get my hands on 4.3!!!

See that you have JB working well on your 7.0 plus.
    Are you in the US?

I wonder if they really intend to release JB to the 7.0 Plus US market? I don't really feel like jumping through hoops to do the manual install. Besides ICS is not too shabby, especially when you consider my Droid X2 was still using Gingerbread.

Is that firmware available to be downloaded on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus? I live in Egypt by the way, anyone can help me please?

@spensergig If you haven't already found it, make sure you download Google Keyboard. They released it from only being available on Nexus devices.

I installed it about a month ago. It works great.

how update to manual? coz i still didn`t find it. please help me

Has anyone had an issue with the "Software Update Registration" after install? It always says fail which means that I have a persistent notification about it. Attachment 79926 Attachment 79927 This is what it looks like.

Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by byoshi22 View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with the "Software Update Registration" after install? It always says fail which means that I have a persistent notification about it. Attachment 79926 Attachment 79927 This is what it looks like.

Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
    I get this error as well. Every time it checks for a software update. I just ignore it as everything is working fine. But would like a solution at some point.

How about the USA model GT-P6210?

I found out a way to get rid of that stupid persistent notification. You can disable an app within the tab called "Software Update" You have to go in to Manage Apps > All App > Software Update (there are 2 of them, choose the one with the icon that matches the persistent notification)

It stops checking/trying for software updates and registration. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jmarsala View Post
    I get this error as well. Every time it checks for a software update. I just ignore it as everything is working fine. But would like a solution at some point.

I found out a way to get rid of that stupid persistent notification. You can disable an app within the tab called "Software Update" You have to go in to Manage Apps > All App > Software Update (there are 2 of them, choose the one with the icon that matches the persistent notification)

It stops checking/trying for software updates and registration. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:

Quit waiting for Samsung to officially release JB for GT-P6210 in US and used link in OP. Download took a little while but actual installation was complete in 15-20 minutes. Everything went smoothly. Three things I noticed about this that I dislike. The Notification bar is now at the top of the screen like on phone unlike my Note 10.1 (also running 4.1.2) where it is on the bottom of the screen. Second is that Return, Home, Recent Apps icons are reversed (mirror image) from ICS - a UK thing? LOL Finally, Screen Shot icon is gone (also like a phone) although I vaguely recollect that there's key combo that will produce a screen shot. Anyway, these are all minor complaints - next step is to root.

The swapped return and recent apps keys is a Samsung thing. If you look on any Samsung phone post ICS and compare to a nexus device. Its swapped. Screenshot is power button and volume down. And the tablet displays in portrait like the nexus 7 because it is a 7inch screen. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    Quit waiting for Samsung to officially release JB for GT-P6210 in US and used link in OP. Download took a little while but actual installation was complete in 15-20 minutes. Everything went smoothly. Three things I noticed about this that I dislike. The Notification bar is now at the top of the screen like on phone unlike my Note 10.1 (also running 4.1.2) where it is on the bottom of the screen. Second is that Return, Home, Recent Apps icons are reversed (mirror image) from ICS - a UK thing? LOL Finally, Screen Shot icon is gone (also like a phone) although I vaguely recollect that there's key combo that will produce a screen shot. Anyway, these are all minor complaints - next step is to root.
    Finally got around to rooting using the link below as the method.

How to Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware - Honai of Android

Process was seamless except that, although I had placed CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file on the external microSD card, I had tell CWM to look on the internal SD card to actually find it. This is consistent with what is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=216

Other than that, the whole process was "as advertised" and took about 10 minutes. Installed Titanium Backup and Busybox.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    I loaded the UK Jelly Bean last month on my 7+ and have been enjoying it for two weeks.
    The one problem I had loading Jelly Bean was that the file did not unzip properly (bad checksum) and I had to unzip it again for Odin. Otherwise the upgrade was uneventful. Be sure and back up before starting.
    Screen shot is now pressing and holding volume down and power at the same time. I like the new keyboard.
    Now that I've had the 7+ for 1.5 years and Samsung seems to have abandoned it, I'm thinking of rooting too. And maybe loading Paranoid Android on XDA developers.
    One of my fave accessories is the keyboard dock, which I bought on Ebay for 25 bucks.
    Thanked by:

Does anyone have the official firmware for this. All the sites have seemed to have it taken down. I really want to upload my tablet to 4.1.2 but cant find it anywhere

Go to Sammobile (SamMobile | Everything for your Samsung Mobile), register (free) if you haven't already, go to Firmwares | SamMobile, enter GT-P6210 in the search box and download the correct file (May 2013 file for UK and Ireland). Then you can proceed as described in Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Manually Install] - IBTimes UK and How to Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware - Honai of Android.
    Thanked by:

Gave up on waiting for the US release of the update and installed the UK firmware with Odin 3.07.
    All of the process went flawlessly and somehow did not have to root or unlock the boot loader (unlocked from the factory perhaps?).
    Full factory reset is recommended after update. With the Google Experience Launcher side-loaded - now possible with 4.1 and later versions of the Android OS - the Tab 7.0 Plus looks and performs better than before. The launcher really cleaned up the mess of original user interface. It now looks like a Nexus device!
    Check the sites below for how to install:
    [APP]Get Android 4.4 Launcher on your phone NOW!! - xda-developers
    Here’s how to get the Google Now Launcher on any Android phone or tablet | TalkAndroid.com
    Thanked by:

VERY tired of waiting for Official Samsung US update, so used UK as described below in Bluzman's post. Odin 3.09 didn't have a PDA button but 3.07 did so I used 3.07. Everything else went smoothly. Used the root method that he mentioned, also a smooth process. Appreciate all the various pieces of info in these posts. Thanks!

PS: The new Notification area is indeed UGLY - both closed (where the icons for battery, etc are tiny) and open (where it seems sized for a phone).

Also, "mnt/sdcard/extstorages/sdcard" in ICS is replaced by "storage/extSdCard" in JB so I had to change this in a few apps that provided for SD card data storage.