Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Manuall

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to try it? I am somewhat content with ICS since flash works. Flash is no longer supported in JB.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Flash still works in jb, you just have to side load the app after d/l ing the latest apk from the adobe site.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
What a joy to see this today, especially after a nasty chat with a samsung rep 2 weeks ago where they told me that "These are the models that can be updated to the 4.1.1, GT-P3113, GT-P5113, and the GT-N8013."

Download was long but uneventful, installation went fine, but.......

What happened to my swype keyboard?
Who took it, and how do i get it back?
I tried the Play Store, and all they have is a 30-day trial version.

Can anyone help? Is this a "feature"?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they really intend to release JB to the 7.0 Plus US market? I don't really feel like jumping through hoops to do the manual install. Besides ICS is not too shabby, especially when you consider my Droid X2 was still using Gingerbread.

Omar5600

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is that firmware available to be downloaded on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus? I live in Egypt by the way, anyone can help me please?

jmarsala

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with the "Software Update Registration" after install? It always says fail which means that I have a persistent notification about it. View attachment 79926 View attachment 79927 This is what it looks like.

Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

I get this error as well. Every time it checks for a software update. I just ignore it as everything is working fine. But would like a solution at some point.

byoshi22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I found out a way to get rid of that stupid persistent notification. You can disable an app within the tab called "Software Update" You have to go in to Manage Apps > All App > Software Update (there are 2 of them, choose the one with the icon that matches the persistent notification)

It stops checking/trying for software updates and registration. Hope this helps

byoshi22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I get this error as well. Every time it checks for a software update. I just ignore it as everything is working fine. But would like a solution at some point.

I found out a way to get rid of that stupid persistent notification. You can disable an app within the tab called "Software Update" You have to go in to Manage Apps > All App > Software Update (there are 2 of them, choose the one with the icon that matches the persistent notification)

It stops checking/trying for software updates and registration. Hope this helps

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Quit waiting for Samsung to officially release JB for GT-P6210 in US and used link in OP. Download took a little while but actual installation was complete in 15-20 minutes. Everything went smoothly. Three things I noticed about this that I dislike. The Notification bar is now at the top of the screen like on phone unlike my Note 10.1 (also running 4.1.2) where it is on the bottom of the screen. Second is that Return, Home, Recent Apps icons are reversed (mirror image) from ICS - a UK thing? LOL Finally, Screen Shot icon is gone (also like a phone) although I vaguely recollect that there's key combo that will produce a screen shot. Anyway, these are all minor complaints - next step is to root.

byoshi22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The swapped return and recent apps keys is a Samsung thing. If you look on any Samsung phone post ICS and compare to a nexus device. Its swapped. Screenshot is power button and volume down. And the tablet displays in portrait like the nexus 7 because it is a 7inch screen. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Quit waiting for Samsung to officially release JB for GT-P6210 in US and used link in OP. Download took a little while but actual installation was complete in 15-20 minutes. Everything went smoothly. Three things I noticed about this that I dislike. The Notification bar is now at the top of the screen like on phone unlike my Note 10.1 (also running 4.1.2) where it is on the bottom of the screen. Second is that Return, Home, Recent Apps icons are reversed (mirror image) from ICS - a UK thing? LOL Finally, Screen Shot icon is gone (also like a phone) although I vaguely recollect that there's key combo that will produce a screen shot. Anyway, these are all minor complaints - next step is to root.
Finally got around to rooting using the link below as the method.

How to Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware - Honai of Android

Process was seamless except that, although I had placed CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file on the external microSD card, I had tell CWM to look on the internal SD card to actually find it. This is consistent with what is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41800762&postcount=216

Other than that, the whole process was "as advertised" and took about 10 minutes. Installed Titanium Backup and Busybox.