How can I give my Galaxy Tab 7.0 ( first one ) life again?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Tab 7.0 ( first one ) Needs Life Again

I dug out my old Galaxy Tab 7.0 from a few years back and, lo and behold, i could not remember my login pattern.
Also, after five failed attempts, i was asked my google account details but, no matter what i typed in it would not work. The account i used must have de-activated after such a long time, I am guessing.
i managed to get into restore mode, or whatever its called (via volume and power keys)
and opted to restore to factory settings.
Then a white triangle with a yellow exclamation mark inside it appeared so i waited a while, but nothing much happened so i powered off.
Did i give it enough time or was the triangle a warning to me that something was wrong. I waited 20 minutes.
I would have a go at updating by sd card option if someone could link me to the update files package . I dont care which version operating system, all i want is to see is my old Tab brought back to life. Thanks, in anticipation.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 7.0 ( first one ) Needs Life Again

Let us know if you can get into download mode (from power off, Volume Down+Power - when you see the warning, Power Up), If you can, we have a guide that will take you through flashing the original ROM onto the device. In the mean time, plug the charger in and let it charge until you're ready to work on it. (You can't overcharge it - charging stops when the battery is fully charged.)

And please create a free account here, so we can continue the discussion in this same thread. Just click (or tap) a Reply button and you'll get a text box to type your reply into, with a Submit button under it for when you're finished typing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2