Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 7.7 model number differences

Hello,

I just ordered a 7.7 from Verizon and waiting for it to arrive!! This will complete my Galaxy tab journey as I now have owned the 10.1, 8.9, 7.0 plus, Galaxy S2 and I still have the Note for my phone

I am looking for a case for this. I noticed when I find them on ebay and elsewhere they refer to the model number as P6800, while the Verizon model is SCH-1815

Is there any difference between these models in which the case for the PT6800 would not work for the SCH-1815?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: 7.7 model number differences

I believe the Galaxy Tab gt-p6800 is the GSM version while the SCH-i815 is the CDMA (Verizon) version. Cases are the same for both.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    I believe the Galaxy Tab gt-p6800 is the GSM version while the SCH-i815 is the CDMA (Verizon) version. Cases are the same for both.
    Not exactly true. The verizon version has the IR port where the GSM version doesn't. Cases made specifically for the GSM version might cover the port.

That being said, I like minimalist cases and the Samsung case (available from verizon online) is pretty nice. Very thin and minimalist which compliments the tablets thin design. A bit pricey at $50 though.

UPDATE: after further checking, the GSM version DOES appear to have the IR port as well. Perhaps the case I saw just covered it up as an oversight.
    Last edited by snovguy; 03-29-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: fixed some incorrect info

I am using the standard Samsung Book Cover case, and it works great. Fits the Verizon model, doesn't block the IR port and supports a great typing angle. So far I am happy with it.

I second the votes for the Book Cover case. Good typing angle. I believe I ordered one marked for the 6800 and it fits my 815 just fine.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

The Verizon model doesn't have and earpiece and I suspect the international model has an earpiece to make and receive calls according to pictures and specs. This is important when ordering screen protectors and folio cases.