Fee to activate month plan every month?

emhardman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to Verizon toda to see what I needed to do to have a month-to-month data plan set-up on my 7.7.

He told me what to do, but then he told me there is a $35 fee every time they turn the monthly plan back on!

I asked him several times to make sure I understood what I was hearing.

Is this true? So if I want to use the data plan in April I would have to pay the month data fee plus the activation fee. Then if I turn off for several months and decide to turn bak on they will charge me for the data and another activation fee.

I just cannot believe this can be true.

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been told the same thing. They clearly don't want us switching it off. I was hoping we would get a deal like I recall the ATT iPad having. Does Verizon charge month to month iPad users like this?

emhardman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Went to a different Verizon office today.

They told me my choices for activating and using the service would be limited to Month-toMonth and the Prepaid plan.

The Month-to-Month plan is the one where it gets deactivated and you would have to pay a activation fee.

The Prepaid plan is such that you pay as you go. They indicated that if you did not use for the month then there is no fee, then if you use later on, then you pay for that data. The brochure I got also indicated no reactivation fee and no reconnection fee.

They also indicated there is a $20 fee for the SIM card, though I read else where there is no fee for the 4G LTE sim card!!!

That is according to them today.

I should be getting my tablet tomorrow, and I will find out.

emhardman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my tablet today. Instead of going to the local "franchised" store, I went to one of the "Corporate" stores.

highly recommend this to any one with questions.

Here is the deal. If you opt for the month-to-month then yes you will have the re-acivation fee.

Using the Prepaid plan there is no activation fee not re-activation fee.

Also no fee for SIM card...

Device thoughts thus far...AWESOME!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital