Tab 7.7 or Tab 2 7.0?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my original 7.0 Tab (running cm9) and am considering both of these devices. I am on Verizon and would still like to be connected to the network as opposed to wifi only (or I would probably just go Nexus 7). Would be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on which unit is the better way to go. I am leaning 7.7, but the price seems a bit high. Should I be considering a different model?

Thanks in advance.

from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from the original Tab to the 7.7 - I did some research and decided that the 7.7 would be better then the 2 7.0. The display is awesome and it is much faster. Verizon has refurbs for $279 and new for $399. If it gets ICS soon as is promised then I will be very happy.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I went with the 7.7 and love it. After comparing, I knew I would not be happy with the Tab 2 after seeing the 7.7

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tallmike00

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Once it has ICS, you'll love it even more. I have the unlocked GSM version and I have fallen in love with mine. The picture quality is remarkable. Video too! My other Android is a Nexus phone and my SIM card works in either unit. As a speaker phone, the 7.7 is quite nice. Good luck with yours.

03sp500

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from tab 7 to 7.7 and the thing that made me pick 7.7 was removable storage. also get the USB adapter. it allows you to connect a flashdrive and use it as another drive.

egzbuen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, first post here at android central.

I am a Blackberry user, rocking both a Z10 and Playbook. Managed to sideload some useful droid apps as well. But lately, been intrigued by android and would want to try it out. Im thinking of retaining my z10 but giving my wife the Playbook so I can play with a new tablet...initially, I was thinking of tab 2 or maybe even 3 but after some research, found out about the 7.7. I've read some reviews and specs wise, it looks like the 7.7 aside from the built in OS it has. Thus, instead of starting a new thread, would just like to post in this one.

1. Should I go with the Tab 2/3 or the 7.7?
2. What are the pros and cons of both models?
3. Can I easily upgrade to the latest OS should I go 7.7?
4. Is it safe to assume that the 7.7 has longer battery life?

Thats all for now, cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781