USB device not recognized (windows error 43)

Robert Griffin1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 7.7 (p-6810) from Hong Kong to the US. I am stuck in android 3.2. I will get an OTA update but it will just download and when updating, the progress bar will only get to 5% and then just restart. We it reboots it says to try Kies. I cannot connect it to either of my computers through my usb ports so kies or flashing with odin is not an option. Samsung US says they cant help because its from HK. I have tried for months to find a .zip file or something, because I have updated my phone that way by putting it on my sd card and manually updating. If anyone has any suggestion, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought my 7.7 (p-6810) from Hong Kong to the US. I am stuck in android 3.2. I will get an OTA update but it will just download and when updating, the progress bar will only get to 5% and then just restart. We it reboots it says to try Kies. I cannot connect it to either of my computers through my usb ports so kies or flashing with odin is not an option. Samsung US says they cant help because its from HK. I have tried for months to find a .zip file or something, because I have updated my phone that way by putting it on my sd card and manually updating. If anyone has any suggestion, it would be appreciated.
Did you install kies at all? it provides the drivers and has a USB driver diagnostic tool. Even if you are not going to use it try it.