Help!! Got into bootloader!
OK, I was trying to wipe the cache partition, but I cannot, for the life of me, find clear instructions about how to get into the "boot menu" or "recovery menu" or whatever the heck it's actually called, so I tried one thing -- with the tablet turned off, I held the volume down button and the power button until it turned on. I didn't get the boot menu, but rather the bootloader screen. So, I went past the "warning" screen, and said go, hoping to get the boot screen.
Instead, it just started downloading something -- I don't know what, really. Right now, it's sitting there saying this:
Do not turn off target!!
So, I'm not touching anything.
I'm hoping that I can cancel it after whatever it is finishes downloading, but I basically have no clue what's going on at this point.
I don't want to root the tablet or install any new system -- I just want to get back to the official Samsung tablet I've had all along.
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Re: Help!! Got into bootloader!
OK, false alarm, I've started breathing again, move along, nothing to be seen here....................
To my MASSIVE relief, I'm out of the bootloader and back to normal again. My GT 7.7 was just sitting there FOREVER with that "downloading" screen, but after doing some research, I realized that the whole process is that you would connect the tablet to your computer, and download something from your computer. So, since I wasn't connected at all, I figured I'd try just turning the thing off and praying that it came up again normally, and that's exactly what happened.
I still want to get into the Recovery menu, to wipe that cache partition -- I suppose I'll try holding the volume up button and the power button, to see if I get into that.
Geez, that was scary enough for me!!
- By jmartellotta in forum HTC One X Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
- By sean556 in forum AT&T Nexus SReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2012, 12:56 AM
- By egg_head in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
- By egg_head in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 5Last Post: 09-22-2010, 07:48 AM
- By AlternetConcept in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2010, 12:34 AM