Verizon GT77 -- anyone do a factory reset?

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I'm still trying to deal with my little "deleted files, but the free memory didn't increase" issue, and I sure haven't found a solution. So, I figure the only way to get three gigs of internal memory back is to do a factory reset.

That's no big deal -- I've done it before on other tablets. But not with anything that has a data plan. So, I'm a bit worried that there may be some settings that only Verizon techs could take care of, right at the beginning. So, if anyone has done a reset with the Verizon device, I would sure like to hear from you about how it went.

Thanks in advance!

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I'm still trying to deal with my little "deleted files, but the free memory didn't increase" issue, and I sure haven't found a solution. So, I figure the only way to get three gigs of internal memory back is to do a factory reset.

That's no big deal -- I've done it before on other tablets. But not with anything that has a data plan. So, I'm a bit worried that there may be some settings that only Verizon techs could take care of, right at the beginning. So, if anyone has done a reset with the Verizon device, I would sure like to hear from you about how it went.

Thanks in advance!

Settings, Privicy, Factory data reset. You will have to delete your google account if you have not already done that before you do the reset.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Settings, Privicy, Factory data reset. You will have to delete your google account if you have not already done that before you do the reset.

Actually, on the Verizon device, it's in Settings - Back up and reset, and I finally did find what I was looking for on Verizon's web site -- what the "initial activation and setup" routine included. The only thing beyond any other wifi tablet is a "SIM OTA" step -- just turn it on, select your language, then wait for the SIM OTA to take place. Then you can go through the same steps that any other tablet would run you through.

So, I did the reset, and didn't have any problems with it at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek