Samsung Tab 7.7: Google account question for downloading apps

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if this is possible? I want to keep my new tablet as free of personal information as possible, such as my contacts, Gmail email, calendar, etc. This is in case something happens such as loss or theft, I don't want to worry about my personal information falling into the wrong hands.

I went into the Google Play app to download apps, but the first question required was a user account. When I entered my normal Google/Gmail user account as for my Note 2 phone, all my information automatically populated to the tablet, such as my Gmail account, calendar and contacts. I don't want this, I want these apps to be completely empty of information. So I had to do a factory reset to erase all the populated information, and start over again. I then entered a different Gmail account that I know has zero information as to calendar/contacts/Gmail. So with the alternate Gmail account, I was able to now install apps to my tablet, but not having my personal information populate the tablet.

So the question is this: I paid for various apps through the Google Play store using my primary Google account. However, with my alternate Google account, Google Play store doesn't recognize the fact that I paid for certain apps, since my tablet is using my alternate Google account. I'm hoping to download certain apps that I already paid for, such as Asphalt 6 & 7 racing games, etc. However, I don't want to enter my primary Google account for fear it will populate my calendar/contacts/Gmail apps with my personal information.

Does my question make sense hopefully? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Casey

joemachine

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Linking to your Google persona is kinda what Android is all about. Wouldn't setting a strong lock screen password reassure you?

If you really don't want your mail contacts etc. Then you can tell the tablet not to sync them. Just go to Settings, Accounts& Sync, tap your Google account, and uncheck the things you don't want to sync. Of course this is of only limited help because anyone finding/stealing the tablet could enable them again, so the lock screen password is still recommended.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if this is possible? I want to keep my new tablet as free of personal information as possible, such as my contacts, Gmail email, calendar, etc. This is in case something happens such as loss or theft, I don't want to worry about my personal information falling into the wrong hands.

I went into the Google Play app to download apps, but the first question required was a user account. When I entered my normal Google/Gmail user account as for my Note 2 phone, all my information automatically populated to the tablet, such as my Gmail account, calendar and contacts. I don't want this, I want these apps to be completely empty of information. So I had to do a factory reset to erase all the populated information, and start over again. I then entered a different Gmail account that I know has zero information as to calendar/contacts/Gmail. So with the alternate Gmail account, I was able to now install apps to my tablet, but not having my personal information populate the tablet.

So the question is this: I paid for various apps through the Google Play store using my primary Google account. However, with my alternate Google account, Google Play store doesn't recognize the fact that I paid for certain apps, since my tablet is using my alternate Google account. I'm hoping to download certain apps that I already paid for, such as Asphalt 6 & 7 racing games, etc. However, I don't want to enter my primary Google account for fear it will populate my calendar/contacts/Gmail apps with my personal information.

Does my question make sense hopefully? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Casey

You could do this but it would require rooting.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk