1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 7.7 - Why is Phone app using up battery power?

On my Galaxy Tab 7.7, I go to Settings, Battery, and the right column shows the "Phone" app is using up 86% of power. I have attached a picture of the screen shot from my phone for reference.

What Phone app? This tablet cannot make phone calls, so why is the Phone app using up power? I know that international versions of this tablet can make phone calls, but this is an American version, which I don't believe can make phone calls. Or am I wrong?

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the "Viber" app I had installed which allows phone calls and text messages from one Viber user to another Viber user. Even so, this app is currently deactivated and I haven't made any Viber phone calls with this app, although this app is still installed but not active.

Does everyone else have a Phone app? If so, is it sucking up power?

My tablet is running stock Android version 4.0.4 out of the box from a local Verizon store, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Casey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Tab 7.7 - Why is Phone app using up battery power?-pic-samsung-7.7-tab.jpg  
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 7.7 - Why is Phone app using up battery power?

Here's an update. I checked again, but now the Battery info screen doesn't show the Phone app. I can't figure out when or why the Phone app would show up under Battery usage. Weird.

Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?