Terrible standby battery life on Verizon model

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
My 7.7 LTE dropped to 70% battery after only 5 hours. 45 min screen on time, so it was on standby for 4.25 hours.

The tablet is not awake while in standby, are you also getting these kind of standby times? Seems really bad.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My 7.7 LTE dropped to 70% battery after only 5 hours. 45 min screen on time, so it was on standby for 4.25 hours.

The tablet is not awake while in standby, are you also getting these kind of standby times? Seems really bad.

To get the best battery life possible while tablet is unused, I go to Airplane mode, and kill all tasks, and shut down the device. Otherwise, if it's still locked onto a wifi signal, this drains the battery unnecessarily if you're doing nothing with the tablet.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
To get the best battery life possible while tablet is unused, I go to Airplane mode, and kill all tasks, and shut down the device. Otherwise, if it's still locked onto a wifi signal, this drains the battery unnecessarily if you're doing nothing with the tablet.

Yes, this may have everything to do with WiFi. At work, where I have no WiFi access, I can leave it in standby all day without using much battery life at all.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, this may have everything to do with WiFi. At work, where I have no WiFi access, I can leave it in standby all day without using much battery life at all.

Is that with cellular LTE on?

I love the device, but yesterday I only got 3 hours of screen on time because most of the battery was taken by standby drain.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Even on standby mode with my tablet locked onto a wifi signal, my battery life is still pretty good after a number of hours. I don't have my 4g sim card activated by Verizon, I simply use my tablet locked onto my home wifi signal. I don't know what battery life is like with the 4g sim card activated, so I can't comment on that. By the way, when I mentioned previously about shutting down the device, I meant exactly that, to shut down the device as opposed to simply pressing the button to turn off the screen. Have you also tried Ending All in the Task Manager? Otherwise, if apps are still running in the background, that too drains battery life.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I managed to greatly improve my standby times by using an app called GreenPower.

What it does is turn the 4G connection off when the screen is off. I like it because it's automatic and I don't have to think about it.

So far it has been 4 hours and I am still at 90%. The battery graph now pretty much flatlines when the tablet is asleep.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

If you are on android 4.04 maybe you have not received the small update to help the battery life?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
If you are on android 4.04 maybe you have not received the small update to help the battery life?
I believe I received it. My tab came with ICS and I installed a small update right after.
Yes, with LTE on....

Can you post your battery screen after a whole day?

This is mine. Left is stock with LTE on, right is after installing greenpower.

4ahz4ok.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy