Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CyanogenMod 10.1 on Samsung Tab 7.7 i815

Put this on my tablet about a week ago and I am very glad I did. At first I jumped through a bunch of hoops trying to get the VZW update to 4.0.4 and that never worked. I finally gave up and put CyanogenMod 10.1 which was tailored to this tablet which gave me Android 4.2.1 and then downloaded the apps I like and all is doing well so far and I don't really expect anything really out of the ordinary. I just read that Samsung is updating the International version of the 7.7 to Android 4.1.2 which is the one on my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 which since they have a new version of this ready for download for my phone I may put that on my phone as well. My version on my TAB is 10.1-20130105-NIGHTLY-I815 which I was warned about issues but so far I have not experienced any issues but I am sure some are there. I don't have this tablet on VZW, I just use it as WIFI because if I want it on VZW I use it off VZW from my SIII. YMMV

Default Re: CyanogenMod 10.1 on Samsung Tab 7.7 i815

Could you please post a step by step to accomplish this or a link to the process you followed? I did this with my original 7.0 Tab and enjoyed the Cyanogen experience. Sold it to buy this. Might want to take a run at it with this one........Might also sell it and get an iPad.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: CyanogenMod 10.1 on Samsung Tab 7.7 i815

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldawg View Post
    Could you please post a step by step to accomplish this or a link to the process you followed? I did this with my original 7.0 Tab and enjoyed the Cyanogen experience. Sold it to buy this. Might want to take a run at it with this one........Might also sell it and get an iPad.
    Below is a pdf of what I did. I would personally purchase the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 when it comes out in the 32 gb version and I think that will be soon because it has a slot for 32gb more sd card. These instruction were copied from somewhere on the internet and pasted to WORD and then made into a PDF. I did not come up with them. I think I got them over at XDA not sure now? (Edit) I just found the link at XDA [I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 10.1 (01/05/13) - xda-developers
    Good luck I also read that a new one is coming and the final should be shortly after that with no issues to give problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    nocaldawg likes this.