Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9) Running on Verizon Galaxy Tab 7"

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to let people know that CM9 on Galaxy Tab 7" from Verizon works really well. It's a shame they stopped officially supporting these- because they are the best tablets ever made in my opinion. Fantastic battery life, easy to hold decent screen etc.

I had trouble rooting it myself but a guy in NYC (Android Root King) did it for me. He is a really nice guy and his prices are fair. I highly recommend his services.

TheRalph

EDIT- Just reread that and it reads exactly like an ad. I promise I get nothing for posting this, just happy with my now more useful tab.

I can post screenshots if I get any requests.

Last edited:

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Learned how to flash this over the weekend and now have ics on my original vzw galaxy tab. Runs great. Awesome tablet once again-

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

w2sjw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I need to know the same thing - I have a wifi-only Tab & would like to know if there is a safe way yet to go up to ICS without bricking my device...

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
ROM works fine..... I flashed days and its flying.....even kernel kicks butt

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Im a stock gingerbread 2.3.3. Any bugs in this rom? D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Central Forums

You should know (wish I had) that there's a chance your NAND can be fried using this rom. Nobody's gotten to the bottom of the issue (ICS bug or MTD re-partitioning), but your Tab can be bricked. And I mean bricked.

Mommee_of_two

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
This may be answered some where already and I'm sorry if this is repeatative!! But, What exactly is this "Ice Cream Sandwich" thing people have talked about and I have seen written places; on app descriptions and such?? I'm confused! :-\
I'm familiar with Android, however, the tablets are a bit different and I am still getting used to them. (We have 2.... one for my 4 year old and one for my 9 year old)

Slikk

May 7, 2011
Visit site
There's also one for Sprint tablet too, the SCH-P100. I'm using it with CM9 and haven't had any problems with it. I use it as a WiFi only device tho.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana