1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9) Running on Verizon Galaxy Tab 7"

I just wanted to let people know that CM9 on Galaxy Tab 7" from Verizon works really well. It's a shame they stopped officially supporting these- because they are the best tablets ever made in my opinion. Fantastic battery life, easy to hold decent screen etc.

I had trouble rooting it myself but a guy in NYC (Android Root King) did it for me. He is a really nice guy and his prices are fair. I highly recommend his services.

TheRalph

EDIT- Just reread that and it reads exactly like an ad. I promise I get nothing for posting this, just happy with my now more useful tab.

I can post screenshots if I get any requests.
    Last edited by theRalph; 04-27-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Sounded like an ad

Learned how to flash this over the weekend and now have ics on my original vzw galaxy tab. Runs great. Awesome tablet once again-

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9) Running on Verizon Galaxy Tab 7"

Is there a link on how to set this up?

Does this work with a none carrier galaxy tab 7

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Yes, I need to know the same thing - I have a wifi-only Tab & would like to know if there is a safe way yet to go up to ICS without bricking my device...

ROM
    Gingerbread

Im a stock gingerbread 2.3.3. Any bugs in this rom? D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Central Forums

ROM works fine..... I flashed days and its flying.....even kernel kicks ****

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ljnecesito View Post
    Im a stock gingerbread 2.3.3. Any bugs in this rom? D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Central Forums
    You should know (wish I had) that there's a chance your NAND can be fried using this rom. Nobody's gotten to the bottom of the issue (ICS bug or MTD re-partitioning), but your Tab can be bricked. And I mean bricked.

This may be answered some where already and I'm sorry if this is repeatative!! But, What exactly is this "Ice Cream Sandwich" thing people have talked about and I have seen written places; on app descriptions and such?? I'm confused!
    I'm familiar with Android, however, the tablets are a bit different and I am still getting used to them. (We have 2.... one for my 4 year old and one for my 9 year old)
    Mommee_of_Two
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

ICS is a version of Android. Froyo then Gingerbread then Ice Cream Sandwich then Jelly Bean.

There's also one for Sprint tablet too, the SCH-P100. I'm using it with CM9 and haven't had any problems with it. I use it as a WiFi only device tho.

i have SPH- p100 from sprint want to put new life in my tab wanted to put CM9 on it. any good tips on rooting it first.