Is the Galaxy Tab 2 a good starter Android tablet?
I'm an iPhone 5 user and use PCs exclusively computer-wise. I've been interested in trying out an Android device (but not brave enough to jump to an Android phone and I don't want to jailbreak) and have been looking at some of the lower-cost tablets. The Galaxy Tab is only $199 on Amazon and it looks really appealing. But I also noticed that it came out almost a year ago...is it still a good tablet? I'm not really looking to do anything super-special with it...I'm mainly interested in running some widgets, web browsing, some video, apps like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (though I read that the cameras on this tablet are kind of bad, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me), and using it as an e-reader.
My mom has an iPad and I use it myself quite regularly but I'm not a huge fan of the super-closed ecosystem and I just want to explore another operating system. So is this tablet a good starter tablet?
Edit: Oops! I realized that there is a separate section for the Tab 2...can someone please move this?
- By roberts68 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 16Last Post: 11-22-2012, 06:01 PM
- By htc evo 4g in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
- By wolf1306 in forum Android AppsReplies: 31Last Post: 06-19-2011, 02:16 AM
- By raptorstv in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 47Last Post: 12-11-2010, 01:43 PM
- By ConceptVBS in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-2010, 04:32 AM