- 7 Posts
Another dumb question and/or observation
I was surprised to see a system update to my wife's Galaxy Tab 7" tablet (SCH-I800) last night. Bought it in Jan, 2012 for her birthday. Always regretted not waiting a few months for the GT 2 but that's when her birthday was. She only uses it on trips (can you say Bejeweled?) and email away from the office.I have a Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean 4.2.2 and knew that her core system would never be able to handle anything more than probably Gingerbread.
So, I was curious to see what Verizon pushed out OTA for it. I looks like:
Firmware is 2.35
Kernel is 22.214.171.124.
Baseband is S:I800,0,3V.EI04
Build is SCH-I800.MC2
So, I'm guessing this is just a later iteration of Gingerbread, right? It does seem smoother and faster and that's a good thing. Just surprised; I thought GB was done for this device.
Thanks for listening to my rambling.
- 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM #2
- 7 Posts
Re: Another dumb question and/or observation
Thanks, I appreciate your reply. I am aware of where to look up that data, but when I list the firmware and kernel, I'm giving the all the data that is in About Device. I don't think this 'old' hardware (single-core, if I'm not mistaken) will support ICS. That's why I thought it was just a slightly freshened version of Gingerbread. I don't think anything short of the Nexus 7 tablet supports ICS. Google searches on this version of the firmware and kernel seem to indicate that. My Galaxy Nexus phone does display Android 4.2.2 which we know is the latest JB but this 'old' (14 months) tablet only gives firmware version, kernel version, baseband version and build number. Anyway, thanks!
- By freesunshine in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 6Last Post: 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
- By oldschool2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
- By streetstrip01 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
- By nonie in forum Toshiba ThriveReplies: 3Last Post: 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
- By JIMV in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 04-26-2011, 05:11 PM