Tablet for grandma and grandchild

Bridietoo

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking about buying a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 so I can help with my 8 year old grandchild's homework. Some of the comments on the forum lead me to think it might be hard to use technically and to solve problems. I dont want to be a great expert but I do want something that works intuitively, has good clear instructions, is reasonably fast and easy to see. My grandson will probably be better at it than I am but I dont want to be a complete dummy. Do you think the Galaxy tab 2 7.0 can fit the bill?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Heya! Welcome to Android Central.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I'm going to say it anyway -- get your 8 year-old grandchild an iPad mini.
Android is a great mobile operating system on a tablet, and the Tab 2 7.0 is actually a very nice little all around device even if it gets little glory. But the one thing you can't ignore is the applications available. Apple's Appstore is going to have quite a few more educational children's apps. Those developers are making their way to Android, and some of them are very nice, but there are many more great apps for the little one on an iPad than there would be an Android tablet.

The answer might be different for anyone else, but for a youngster I would have to recommend iOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol