Can't click links via facebook on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 after system update!

lyonfamily

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I am new to this site and it seems it may be my only hope for help on my issue. I have contacted Samsung support and they are no help. My tablet did an update a few days ago, and up until then everything worked fine. After the update I have had issues with the facebook app. When I am on my news feed and try to click on a link it brings me to a page that says "Page cannot be found." It tells me to check my connection, but the connection if fine. I can click on links from any other app and browser, but it will not work for facebook anymore and it is starting to annoy me. Are there any settings I can change to allow me to click on links from my news feed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's an odd bug. Try clearing Facebook's cache by going to Settings/Apps, selecting Facebook, and selecting "Clear cache." If that doesn't work, you could also try "Clear data," but this means you'll have to log back in to Facebook when you open it again.

lostjohn

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Same problem Tab 3 , all other applications work fine, Facebook doesn't let me click on links, cleared cache and data, uninstalled and reinstalled no help ?????

McScott001

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I was able to fix it by clearing defaults for all browser apps and then resetting the default browser. It worked fine after that. Nothing else I tried worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana