1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 sph-p100: How to upgrade android to jelly bean? HELP

I have a samsung galaxy tab 7" model sph-p100 for some time now, but have not been using it. Now I am planning to start using it and was searching for steps to update the android version to Jelly Bean.
    Current Details:-
    Hardware Version - P100.08
    Model # - SPH-P100
    Firmware Version - 2.3.4
    Baseband version - S:P100.08 S.EE27
    Kernel Version - 2.6.35.7
    Built # - GINGERBREAD.EE27

I have read through some of the sites, however there are no steps mentioned in any of the sites which I can follow to upgrade. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 sph-p100: How to upgrade android to jelly bean? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by subho View Post
    I have a samsung galaxy tab 7" model sph-p100 for some time now, but have not been using it. Now I am planning to start using it and was searching for steps to update the android version to Jelly Bean.
    Current Details:-
    Hardware Version - P100.08
    Model # - SPH-P100
    Firmware Version - 2.3.4
    Baseband version - S:P100.08 S.EE27
    Kernel Version - 2.6.35.7
    Built # - GINGERBREAD.EE27

I have read through some of the sites, however there are no steps mentioned in any of the sites which I can follow to upgrade. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance.
    If I had to guess, there is no update for it. You can try rooting it and flashing a custom recovery and a custom ROM, like Cyanogen to it.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 sph-p100: How to upgrade android to jelly bean? HELP

I was going through some of the sites and found a video where someone has installed jelly bean to the same version of galaxy tab. I have downloaded all the files from the link provided, however do not know how to install it.

I am new to android, so please correct me if you think otherwise.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by subho View Post
    I was going through some of the sites and found a video where someone has installed jelly bean to the same version of galaxy tab. I have downloaded all the files from the link provided, however do not know how to install it.

I am new to android, so please correct me if you think otherwise.
    I will have to look later. Can you link the site and not the download?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Anybody know how to get mirroring on this device?