Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Hello everyone! I need your help! Today when I got home my samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 refuses to charge! I plugged it into the wall adapter using the charger provided when I purchased my tablet. When I charge my tablet I tend to turn my device off, therefore when I turned it off and plugged it into the wall adapter it started blinking and the battery picture didn't show up to let me know how much battery has been charged. The device goes from dark (the color when the device is completely shutted down) to then a brighter color, sort of like the brightness was turned up a bit.

    This is the first time this has happened to me and I'm not sure why this is happening, does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?
    Prior to this, I also had a problem where my battery had a red X one night, I unplugged it from the wall adapter and plugged it into the computer and it disappeared and started charging. However later that night I had 60% of battery and when I plugged it into the wall adapter it went down to 0%. After it started charging again it went back to normal. Does this have anything to do with the blinking and not charging?

    Thank you so much!
    Last edited by xrawritzjess; 01-30-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Found the receipt!
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    I would try a different cable. See if that helps. If not, there may be an issue with the charging port.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would try a different cable. See if that helps. If not, there may be an issue with the charging port.
    Thank you for your help! I switched it to a cellphone cable and it started charging again, however when I connected it with my computer via cable and then tried charging, it stopped working again.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by xrawritzjess View Post
    Thank you for your help! I switched it to a cellphone cable and it started charging again, however when I connected it with my computer via cable and then tried charging, it stopped working again.

    Ok. It sounds like the cable/wall unit is at fault. Have you found one to replace it?

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Ok. It sounds like the cable/wall unit is at fault. Have you found one to replace it?
    I don't think I have another one at my house (cellphone cables) so what I tried was using my original supplied cable from samsunAg and after doing some poking around it started to work and not work again BUT as of right now, I tried again with the cellphone cable that worked when I switched and it didn't work, but I unplugged the cable from the tablet and blew in the tablet port and reconnected the usb it started charging again. However I'm not sure if it will charge again after I disconnect it

    Should I buy a new cable/cable + dock? :/

    Thank you again!
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by xrawritzjess View Post
    I don't think I have another one at my house (cellphone cables) so what I tried was using my original supplied cable from samsunAg and after doing some poking around it started to work and not work again BUT as of right now, I tried again with the cellphone cable that worked when I switched and it didn't work, but I unplugged the cable from the tablet and blew in the tablet port and reconnected the usb it started charging again. However I'm not sure if it will charge again after I disconnect it

    Should I buy a new cable/cable + dock? :/

    Thank you again!
    I would start with the cheaper solution first. Have you tried our site? We have some pretty good deals on many things, including OEM original accessories.
    ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would start with the cheaper solution first. Have you tried our site? We have some pretty good deals on many things, including OEM original accessories.
    ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories
    Thank you! I actually tried looking for a new charger on the samsung site but it didn;t sell it for my tablet. I also didn't know this forum had a shop! I'll take a look at it and see if I need to purchase a new charger first!

    Thank you for all your help!
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

    Quote Originally Posted by xrawritzjess View Post
    Thank you! I actually tried looking for a new charger on the samsung site but it didn;t sell it for my tablet. I also didn't know this forum had a shop! I'll take a look at it and see if I need to purchase a new charger first!

    Thank you for all your help!
    You are very welcome.
    I have made several purchases through ShopAndroid. Shipping is very prompt, prices are very respectable (I have probably saved almost $50 in accessories so far).
    Let us know if you find anything.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Similar Threads

  1. Note 3 Custom ROMs? What works and what doesn't?
    By Pandaownz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 05:32 AM
  2. Going from Nexus 5 to Moto X: a few questions
    By jeromenumbers in forum Moto X
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
  3. [VIDEO] HTC One Max vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Speakers
    By chrisngrod in forum HTC One Max
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 05:41 AM
  4. BBM (Blackberry Messenger) for Galaxy S?
    By aduharar in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B