Why does my touch buttons not light up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S pen?

A

AC Question

Why does my touch buttons not light up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S pen

My touch buttons do not light up even when they are pressed. The function works but no illumination so it is difficult to work in dark areas.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my touch buttons not light up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S pen

Check the display settings. Or try Galaxy Button lights from the play store

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my touch buttons not light up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S pen

Yes check your "touch key light duration" under the display settings.

Steven Houser1

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The display section in settings has no such command on the Tab A 9.7. I downloaded the button light app and it did nothing.

I think the moderators may be confusing this tablet with a phone? My S4 has a lighted button on either side of home, but this tab seems to be dark there. It is a bummer, harder in the dark. I had not occurred to me before but it would be nice to have some light for those buttons. Might place a small square of cellophane tape at the buttons to make them more findable in the dark

Posted via the Android Central App

sjuel

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no option such as that, this is for the tablet and not the phone. Is there a way to turn the navigation lights on?

"Yes check your "touch key light duration" under the display settings."

matseuph

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

The buttons on the tablet don't light up. Some hard cases provide seperation for the buttons.

jpintn

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

There are no lights behind the buttons in the Tab A line so they will never light up.

jpintn

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Turning off the power saving mode will not allow the touch buttons to light up. There is NO illumination setting for these two buttons because there is no light behind them to come on.

phodara

May 14, 2017
Visit site

I can't believe Samsung would be this stupid
not to put lights behind the touch buttons but this looks to be the case. I am going to return the tablet.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I can't believe Samsung would be this stupid
not to put lights behind the touch buttons but this looks to be the case. I am going to return the tablet.
Return it and get what? There are very few alternatives if looking for a stylus based tablet.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Is there an spen for the tab a 8 inch

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

No, I just mean a pen for the regular tab a 8.0
The S Pen only works on tablets with the Wacom digitized screen, P### series devices. If you have a T### series, you can use a capacitive stylus.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

The S Pen only works on tablets with the Wacom digitized screen, P### series devices. If you have a T### series, you can use a capacitive stylus.
Ok thanks for the heads up.

eternity26

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: solution

Return it and get what? There are very few alternatives if looking for a stylus based tablet.

I was all ready to give up and get a new tablet and then I had a epiphany I glued diamonds on the soft buttons. ( I was going to buy a new tablet anyways, I figured why not doesn't hurt to try) not sure what men can use maybe a spike or glow in the dark sticker? and you just press it. It's very easy to see/ feel for. I'm VERY happy now. BTW My Galaxy Note phone pen works with this tablet as well.