Why can't I get my Samsung Tab A to recognize most bluetooth devices?

A

AC Question

I can't get my Samsung tab a tablet to recognize most bluetooth devices

Iphone will see them and sync up but not the Samsung tablet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Bluetooth is on, correct? If you go to Settings>Bluetooth, does it say that the tablet is visible to any nearby device? Do the Bluetooth devices you're trying to connect require you to press a Connect button first?

Eric Hill6

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just bought a HMDX Bluetooth speaker. My LG phone and iPod connected right to it. However, my Tab A will NOT find it. Very frustrating! I turned both of those devices off and tried it. Still nothing. It has found my Roku and a pair of Bluetooth headphones it has listed. But it won't discover the HMDX. It just did an update recently. Could that be the problem? :-

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can't get my Samsung tab a tablet to recognize most bluetooth devices

OP, when you're trying to connect your Tab, is your BT device already connected to your iphone? Make sure Bluetooth is turned off on your iPhone and any other BT enabled device.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just bought a HMDX Bluetooth speaker. My LG phone and iPod connected right to it. However, my Tab A will NOT find it. Very frustrating! I turned both of those devices off and tried it. Still nothing. It has found my Roku and a pair of Bluetooth headphones it has listed. But it won't discover the HMDX. It just did an update recently. Could that be the problem? :-
Do you know what the update was? I'm running Marshmallow on mine and no BT problems since the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol