Rotating a Samsung tablet screen.

Chris Clayton1

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to manually rotate the screen / display of a Samsung tablet? We are new to this device. We sometimes get the screen in the wrong orientation and have been unable to change it. Turning the tablet itself often does not work, as required, andwe have been stuck with the page up-side-down! We find the pdf manual quite useless for sorting out even basic issues.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can turn off Auto Rotation and set it to a certain setting (I believe it's in the Display section of the Settings, but you can also find a toggle in the notification bar). There are also 3rd party apps that you can download from the Play Store that force a certain mode, even on a per-app basis.

Also, remember that there are apps that don't support rotation natively (some can be forced, but sometimes the end result will be weird). For instance, Instagram will only work in Portrait.

Chris Clayton1

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that information, I will try what you describe, and have a look at third party apps. It seems to me rotation is something we will want more control over. My Windows 10, 2-in-1, is used most of the time as a small Laptop so rotation rarely occurs but the new Samsong Android Tablet is likely to be moved about and used in different orientations.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know, and I'm with you on that one. I just don't get why some apps haven't adopted rotation, which only ends up confusing users. The sensor works, but if the app you're using doesn't support rotation, to the user it would seem like the tablet isn't responding, which isn't always the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams