Email app settings to keep email on server for 3 days

harryhef

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
On a Galaxy Tab A 8.0, how do I set the standard Email app to keep POP email on the server for more than one day.

(I use POP vs. IMAP because Earthlink limits my mailbox to 100Mb and I want to download email to my primary email client Eudora on my laptop whenever I check email from the laptop to manage server memory usage. I use the Tablet just to check email when on the go w/o the laptop)

I'd like email to stay on the Tab A for 3 days, but cannot find any Tab setting to do that.

I did it for my phone easily, but can't find the appropriate setting on the Tab A email app.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
On a Galaxy Tab A 8.0, how do I set the standard Email app to keep POP email on the server for more than one day.

I'd like 3 days, but cannot find any setting to do that.

I did it for the phone easily, but can't find the appropriate setting on the Tab A email app.

Thanks very much!

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but is there a reason you are using POP over IMAP which would resolve your issue as you could delete things as you see fit rather than having to worry about how long it stays on the server

harryhef

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Odd - initially this quick reply option wasn't available, so I edited my original question to cover your question. So now "Reply" is available and I'll duplicate here:

I use POP vs. IMAP because Earthlink limits my mailbox to 100Mb and I want to download email to my primary email client Eudora on my laptop whenever I check email from the laptop in order to manage server memory usage and keep it below 100Mb.

I use the Tablet just to check email when on the go w/o the laptop and I'd like 3 days of email kept visible there.

jpintn

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Open email. Tap More. Tap Settings. Tap on your account. Tap server settings. Tap "delete email from server". Tap down arrow and select never.