How to get Gmail and Skype apps onto home page

barb456

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab A, I don't care for the email app it comes with. I use Gmail and want the Gmail app on my homepage, it doesn't appear in my apps, I went into the apps and did a search and it came up, if I want to use it I have to go into the apps and hit search and it is listed there (without searching, the same thing goes for Skype) How can I get them onto my homepage?

Thanks,
Barb

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab A, I don't care for the email app it comes with. I use Gmail and want the Gmail app on my homepage, it doesn't appear in my apps, I went into the apps and did a search and it came up, if I want to use it I have to go into the apps and hit search and it is listed there (without searching, the same thing goes for Skype) How can I get them onto my homepage?

Thanks,
Barb

The first thing that came to mind is this: Do you have a grouped folder in your app drawer labeled Google? It might be in there.

Edit...sorry I had Gmail stuck in my head. As for Skype...Not sure why that one is hidden. Are you using a different launcher?