Tab A 6.0.1 email printing error: Failed to change the settings. Please try again

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had many android devices and very familiar with print services. I have never seen this error. I have a new Tab A and have the default Samsung print services, canon print services, and brother print services installed. When I try to print from the stock email app it finds the printer but no matter what print service I use it previews the pages, I hit print and get the error message: "Failed to change the settings. Please try again". Makes no sense.

I was able to print to my brother from my chrome browser with the brother print service. The Canon said "the print spooler has stopped".

However I really need to print certain things from email. Any ideas on what is causing this error? My S7 edge running the exact same android version prints fine from email.

Thanks for any ideas,
BJB1

Gary Willis

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I have had many android devices and very familiar with print services. I have never seen this error. I have a new Tab A and have the default Samsung print services, canon print services, and brother print services installed. When I try to print from the stock email app it finds the printer but no matter what print service I use it previews the pages, I hit print and get the error message: "Failed to change the settings. Please try again". Makes no sense.

I was able to print to my brother from my chrome browser with the brother print service. The Canon said "the print spooler has stopped".

However I really need to print certain things from email. Any ideas on what is causing this error? My S7 edge running the exact same android version prints fine from email.

Thanks for any ideas,
BJB1

I have the same problem - I can print to my printer via wifi from other devices, but from my Samsung Galaxy S5 I continually get the message: Failed to change the settings, please try again. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem - I can print to my printer via wifi from other devices, but from my Samsung Galaxy S5 I continually get the message: Failed to change the settings, please try again. Anyone have any ideas?
I uninstalled ESET android app and now can print from my tablet. I also have always had it installed on my S7 Edge and have always been able to print from that.

So if you have any kind of Antivirus installed, I would try to uninstall as a test only.

BJB1

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Worked for a day, now I get the same error. Any idea what could be causing this just from the Samsung stock android email app only?
BJB1

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why mine worked for a day and no longer does. And why unstalling ESET made it work for a while. I guess a coincidence. Do other Tab A users out there see this Issue?

I don't have the time right now to reset and see if it works before upgrading android and installing apps.

BJB1

davidpfox

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Just letting all peeps know I spoke with Google Support today and resolved issue with a Security Setting in Google Account to Allow Access.

lmaniace

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Just letting all peeps know I spoke with Google Support today and resolved issue with a Security Setting in Google Account to Allow Access.

can you explain the process for fixing this? I'm having the same problem and messed around with the settings but nothing worked.

Leighton Fehr

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue using Samsung Print Services. It started after I changed my Printer from a Wired Ethernet connection to use my home Wi-Fi connection instead. I can print images from my Gallery for example, but not from my Gmail account. I just get the "Failed to change the settings. Please Try again." message.

I attempted the security change suggested by raymond chan2, but that didn't seem to help me out.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue using Samsung Print Services. It started after I changed my Printer from a Wired Ethernet connection to use my home Wi-Fi connection instead. I can print images from my Gallery for example, but not from my Gmail account. I just get the "Failed to change the settings. Please Try again." message.

I attempted the security change suggested by raymond chan2, but that didn't seem to help me out.

Security change did not work for me either. Restarted tab, no joy.
Raymond, did you make any other change? Is it still Working?

Mine worked for a day when I uninstalled ESET but it must have been a coincidence.

I think the issue is all print services in android samsung stock mail app. I have it with samsung, canon, and brother.

BJB1

Last edited by a moderator:

LRL

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I think the issue is all print services in android samsung stock mail app. I have it with samsung, canon, and brother.

BJB1

I am having the same problem when I try to print Gmail using HP plugin (Samsung S7 phone & HP printer) for almost a week. I tried all the suggestions above from others etc. and have reset my printer. The message "failed to change the settings try again" "retry button" continues to appear.
Has anyone else figured out, or have input to resolve? Did the suggestion above resolve others having this problem?
Did not work for me.

LRL

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem when I try to print Gmail using HP plugin (Samsung S7 phone & HP printer) for almost a week. I tried all the suggestions above from others etc. and have reset my printer. The message "failed to change the settings try again" "retry button" continues to appear.
Has anyone else figured out, or have input to resolve? Did the suggestion above resolve others having this problem?
Did not work for me.

Assume no one has fix/resolution to this problem?

GenLeigh

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
i've had the same problem with my Samsung SM T800 tablet. Today I saved my e-mail I wanted to print to my files and was able to print it from there. I haven't tried saving an e-mail with an attachment yet, so I'm not sure if it will work for printing an attachment.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This does NOT fix it but I got a print spooler stopped error, cleared the data from the spooler app and tried again. I then got the print preview and round print button but upon pushing it got the failed to change settings...

Wish there was a way to get a high level support person at samsung look at it but don't have access.

BJB1

Ron Pettigrew

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I am having this problem on my Galaxy Tab Pro and my Galaxy Note 5. I use my phone and tab for work and this is very annoying. I hope someone can find a solution soon.

james clayton2

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I as well was receiving the same message on my Canon Printer MX870...After reinstalling the plug Drivers
restarting the S7 and Canon it printed e-mails with the stock e mail S7 with no problem....Its been working
fine for past week ......

Hopefully it will continue working ok :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2