Can you make app folders?

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So someone asked me to answer a few questions for them about their new galaxy tab 8.9. I loved the device btw, it's great. However, I couldn't figure out how to make folders for apps. I felt kinda stupid, because i can't imagine it being that hard to figure out given how intuitive it is on every other device i've used. Am I missing something?

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
that's what I assumed is supposed to happen. Do you mean a long press on one of the home screens? When I do that it takes me to the menu where you can add widgets, and shortcuts, but there's nothing that says folder. Am i missing something?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found a way to create folders natively on the Galaxy Tab. However I use an app called Folder Organizer that lets you do it.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I checked out folder organizer, and it seems to let you make widgets that act look and act like folders. However, you have to use a system of 'labels' which is, well, kinda terrible :/ is there a way to make a folder that you can drag and drop apps into?

Sent from my Atrix

RacK_AttacK

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Just bought Galaxy 8.9 tablet with 3.2 OS. I assumed a long press on any of the home screens would give u the standard sub menu as any other droid product(shortcut,app,folder,etc). This does not occur, u are taken to a sub SCREEN with 3 choices(apps, widgets,more). These choices are tabbed and selecting one will show whats available below. There is no option anywhere here for new folder. Not in the manual either. Can someone please tell me if im losing it here or they omitted one of the most commonly used "right click" menus in the android software for this device. Im returning this thing if so. Thanks for any help. Rack

MaMsAnA

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
i use spb shell to manage apps like this:

attachment.php

its very usefull that can put your apps in home screen!!:)

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Just bought Galaxy 8.9 tablet with 3.2 OS. I assumed a long press on any of the home screens would give u the standard sub menu as any other droid product(shortcut,app,folder,etc). This does not occur, u are taken to a sub SCREEN with 3 choices(apps, widgets,more). These choices are tabbed and selecting one will show whats available below. There is no option anywhere here for new folder. Not in the manual either. Can someone please tell me if im losing it here or they omitted one of the most commonly used "right click" menus in the android software for this device. Im returning this thing if so. Thanks for any help. Rack
Its true, you cannot make folders using the stock touchwiz launcher no matter if on 3.1 or 3.2.

I use ADW EX and I highly recommend it, as someone did earlier. I'm attaching a pic to show you the ICS-ish folders on my homescreen.

I agree with you, no excuse to not include that customization, but with alternative launchers available and an ICS update around the corner, it'd be a shame IMO for you to return such a great device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77