Market no Longer Working

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently went to open the Market on my unrooted 8.9. I am getting the following message.
"Your Client Is out of date.It will be automatically updated shortly"

Its been this way for the past 24 hours. Any ideas?

Thanks

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue this evening, got the same warning and then the market closed. Right after restarted and got "loading" if you then hit "my apps" in upper right you will see the update for the market tonight. Upgrade and you will be good to go!

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I searched for market update in the market search area and came up with this:
"Description
There is no need to download and install this application on your own.
This is an Android Market security update that undoes exploits caused by the malicious applications that were removed from Android Market on 03/01/2011. Only some users were affected. Those users will receive an email notification that states this update will be automatically pushed to their devices. This app will be removed automatically after it has completed running.
You are NOT required to take any action whatsoever to undo the exploit on your device. For more information, visit http://goo.gl/P8Iqk."

Looks like they caught some malware apps and this takes care of any issues.

Reactions: randall2580

reneepimpco1

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I contacted Samsung and of course no luck. They are telling me to wait until there is a fix released. In the meantime I was told to access the market from the web browser. WTF!!! I would like for a piece of equipment as expensive as this Tab to work the way it should. Not wait until you decide (with no timeframe for resolution) to fix it.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
after you get the error try restarting market again - go to my apps there should be an upgrade for the market. That's what I did and since then having no trouble with the market.

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Powered it off and back on Tuesday morning and recieved a notification to update the market and everything is working well mow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37