3.2 update for 8.9 (7310 wifi US region)

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get the 3.2 update for their tab 8.9 7310 wifi (US version)? I just went into settings -> about -> update. It said there was a firmware update, so I installed it. Now I'm running 3.2. It's noticably better than 3.1. I know many folks in other regions have had this update for a while, but it's nice to see it come to the USA finally. Anyone else get this update?

-me

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
just bought a new one off ebay last week,factory sealed,$395 opened the box and it already had 3.2 installed.
already rooted and running 4.0.3 ...great investment,love this thing...peace:)

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now......so whats so great about the new update? Would love to see 4.0 running on this device but I believe I read somewhere that samsung will not be offering an official relaease for the 4.0 uodate to the galaxy tabs

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now......so whats so great about the new update? Would love to see 4.0 running on this device but I believe I read somewhere that samsung will not be offering an official relaease for the 4.0 uodate to the galaxy tabs

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9

Samsung has indicated that the original Galaxy Tab will not get ICS. However, the newer Galaxy Tab 10.1/8.9/7.7/7.0 will get ICS (Samsung Offers Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade for GALAXY devices | SAMSUNG TOMORROW Global). Everything I've read suggests mid-2012 for our ICS update though. :(

-me

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a pop up about an update yesterday on my Tab yesterday. I think it was about 47 megs. It would be nice if there was some information that listed what this update included. The few things I've noticed so far is that my Market icon was removed from my homepage. It looks like the Market was upgraded to more of a tablet layout which is nice. And there seems to be a feature that will expand (Stretch to fill or Zoom to fill screen) an app. I also had an odd notification about some goofy game in the market. I'm guessing there were some performance tweaks too?? I haven't noticed anything else major.

And my camera app open up fine, not that I ever use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21