ICS ROM with working Camera?

ambrodsky

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I just installed AOKP build 38 on my wife's Tab 8.9. It's awesome, and seems to work flawlessly except that neither camera work. Is there a way to get it working? Or is there a good ICS ROM out there with a functioning camera for the Tab 8.9?

We call lots of out of town people with Skype video and GTalk video chat and now we can't.

Thanks!

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
No and no

The drivers ffor he camera are samsungs own proprietary software. And since 4.0 is radically different when compared to 2.3 or even 3.0 the old drivers won't work.

We are stuck waiting for samsung to get an ics with a working camera. Until then you will have to flash back to honeycomb to use your camera

Don Joulio

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What about an ICS ROM with better video support... whenever I try to watch streaming video in any browser ie dolphin HD or the stock browser they freeze and crash I'm on galaxiansoup milestone 5 is aokp build 38 any better?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
What about an ICS ROM with better video support... whenever I try to watch streaming video in any browser ie dolphin HD or the stock browser they freeze and crash I'm on galaxiansoup milestone 5 is aokp build 38 any better?

Video playback has been a big issue with a lot of Tegra 2 tablets which is annoying because it is marketed as a gaming SoC. Don't watch too much video in the browser. Use Youtube, or Netflix for most needs.

Upgrading from Milestone five to Build 37 or 38 will most likely be minor differences. Video playback isn't usually something developers can patch but you never know. it is a good habit to keep your devices up to date.

Don Joulio

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Will update soon but this Rom is working so smooth for me I would hate for it to be worst lol? I'm new to this custom Rom stuff but if I update how do you restore your apps from titanium back up? Oh by the way just figured out if you set the user agent stock browser to Ipad video plays just fine. I do use Netflix but for motogp and other racing sites I can only get the content by streaming it on the site

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Will update soon but this Rom is working so smooth for me I would hate for it to be worst lol? I'm new to this custom Rom stuff but if I update how do you restore your apps from titanium back up? Oh by the way just figured out if you set the user agent stock browser to Ipad video plays just fine. I do use Netflix but for motogp and other racing sites I can only get the content by streaming it on the site

Just go to batch operations and look under restore. My suggestion is to only back up and restore non system apps if you plan to flash another rom. Those files are system specific. Any other app is OK.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Don Joulio

Don Joulio

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just tried updating to building 39 it started up and let me log in to my Gmail then it went in to a boot loop...restarted it twice. It kept doing the same thing so I reflashed galaxian soup milestone 5. Does galaxian soup have a a build 39? I can only find 35.