How's the 8.9 holding up?

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a tablet and I definitely prefer the "tweener" sizes (8-9") to the 7" or 10" tabs. There are some really good deals on 8.9" tabs, but I wonder how they're doing. My phone is a couple of years old and definitely seems to struggle with some of the newer apps, and stutters a bit with JB. How's the Tegra 2 in the 8.9 holding up? Notice any additional lagging in newer apps? Or increased lagginess in general with ICS?

I'm not looking to get a tab for serious productivity, just for watching videos, reading comics, playing games, surfing the web, etc.

thanks in advance!

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I love this tab. Of course I mainly play games, read comics, and watch videos. I haven't noticed any lag on newer apps. Things have only gotten better with ics. If you have any free apps that you'd like me to test, let me know.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

anon(22163)

May 14, 2010
Visit site
8.9 is better than ever with ICS. Had mine a year+ and its great. I mostly use it to surf and read. Also used occasionally at work when I dont need the laptop for a while.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love this tab. Of course I mainly play games, read comics, and watch videos. I haven't noticed any lag on newer apps. Things have only gotten better with ics. If you have any free apps that you'd like me to test, let me know.

Shadowgun: Deadzone. I was thinking about this the 8.9, but I'm still very reluctant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Shadowgun: Deadzone. I was thinking about this the 8.9, but I'm still very reluctant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Works great. I played for a few minutes. No lag whatsoever, graphics looked great. I saw it alias once, but idk if that's the tablet or the game. It had't really occurred to me to try an fps on the tablet, but the controls were surprisingly good.

Btw, I'm not even overclocked, and it handled that fine. I wonder what this tab could do if i let all the horsepower out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2