Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default How's the 8.9 holding up?

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a tablet and I definitely prefer the "tweener" sizes (8-9") to the 7" or 10" tabs. There are some really good deals on 8.9" tabs, but I wonder how they're doing. My phone is a couple of years old and definitely seems to struggle with some of the newer apps, and stutters a bit with JB. How's the Tegra 2 in the 8.9 holding up? Notice any additional lagging in newer apps? Or increased lagginess in general with ICS?

I'm not looking to get a tab for serious productivity, just for watching videos, reading comics, playing games, surfing the web, etc.

thanks in advance!

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: How's the 8.9 holding up?

I love this tab. Of course I mainly play games, read comics, and watch videos. I haven't noticed any lag on newer apps. Things have only gotten better with ics. If you have any free apps that you'd like me to test, let me know.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

8.9 is better than ever with ICS. Had mine a year+ and its great. I mostly use it to surf and read. Also used occasionally at work when I dont need the laptop for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    I love this tab. Of course I mainly play games, read comics, and watch videos. I haven't noticed any lag on newer apps. Things have only gotten better with ics. If you have any free apps that you'd like me to test, let me know.

Shadowgun: Deadzone. I was thinking about this the 8.9, but I'm still very reluctant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Shadowgun: Deadzone. I was thinking about this the 8.9, but I'm still very reluctant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Works great. I played for a few minutes. No lag whatsoever, graphics looked great. I saw it alias once, but idk if that's the tablet or the game. It had't really occurred to me to try an fps on the tablet, but the controls were surprisingly good.

Btw, I'm not even overclocked, and it handled that fine. I wonder what this tab could do if i let all the horsepower out.