Samsung Apps wrong language

Sleepy John

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm in Thailand where I bought my Galaxy Tab 8.9. I changed the language it came with to English, and that's all working fine except that I have a language problem with Samsung Apps because they are asking me to accept Terms & Conditions in Thai, which I can't read. How do I change my Samsung Apps language to English?

marwonana

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hallo

I got exactly the same problem with an Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Android 4.0.4) and Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2)

To clear the cache and data in ...

setting - application - samsung app

... does not fix the problem, that the apps name in english, but the description and also the policy in thai.

Buig fix ... please soon please

Thank you for any other ... help...

Brad Adkins

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
September and just bought a note 10.1 and developed the same problem. Found that by uninstalling it the app will revert back to factory settings and allow to be set with correct language.

Lakshan SJ

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I need help, everything in my s3 mini is in english except in the app store, i think it has something to do with the country,
it have a account in qatar so maybe thats why it is in arabic, how do i change it ?

DA33

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone find out how to resolve this? My samsung is in english which is great but the samsung apps are in either french or spanish and I want them in english, help!!!

cubas711

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Galaxy Tab 3 and am running into this problem. None of the above solutions works for me...any other suggestions. Please.
Thanks!!

Sleepy John

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
18 months later I still have this same original problem. I have just now updated my "Samsung Apps" but before I can open it I am presented with an Accept or Decline choice for a Disclaimer that I can't read because it's in a wrong language. Everything else in my Galaxy Tab is set to work OK in English, but not this Disclaimer. Do I have to go to an English speaking country and log-in with an IP address from there, before I can open Samsung Apps, or would that be a wasted journey? Where is the setting that determines this language??

asgar abu

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I contacted the samsung support team and they replied as below

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The language of Samsung Apps is based on the country of origin of the SIM card and on the IP of the Wi-Fi connection. If you moved in Kuweit and you didn't change the SIM card, you see Arabic because of the IP of the Wi-Fi connection. Unfortunately there is no way of changing these settings. The language will change when you go back to your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,

Adrian
Customer Service Center

THAT WAS ABSURD!!! What, am I supposed to travel to English speaking countries only?

Sleepy John

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree. That Customer Service answer is absurd and unacceptable. It completely ignores the fact that Samsung Android devices will be owned by people who travel to different countries and will be used by them on foreign wifi networks and with foreign simcards. It also assumes that everyone living in a country can read the native language of that country. These kinds of assumptions are simply not valid on a worldwide basis.

I can only guess that whoever wrote the book of standard answers that the Customer Service drone has quoted here, has never done any serious travelling to countries where different languages are spoken.

Admittedly there are many websites around which make the sweeping assumption that users' IP addresses should determine what language their pages are presented in, but in these cases it's still normal to include a language reselection choice for the benefit of non-native speaking readers, of which there are often many.

Come on Samsung! Please get yourselves Global on this issue!

Makram Soua

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Sleepy John.. It is non sense that samsung should deprive users of the right to choose the language regardless of where they are living. I am currently staying in Kuwait. This should not mean that I have a preference for Arabic apps. Samsung decision is absurd in today's world and I hope that they change Galaxy Apps to provide the user with the freedom of choosing the language of their preference.

Emmanuel Lacroix

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Same challenge here in Belgium (August 2014). I have all set up in French, except that the Galaxy Apps store and Samsung Hub are all in Dutch. I wonder what the customer service will tell for countries with multiple official languages (3 in Belgium, 4 in Switzerland, etc).

Steve Bahrani

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I contacted the samsung support team and they replied as below

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The language of Samsung Apps is based on the country of origin of the SIM card and on the IP of the Wi-Fi connection. If you moved in Kuweit and you didn't change the SIM card, you see Arabic because of the IP of the Wi-Fi connection. Unfortunately there is no way of changing these settings. The language will change when you go back to your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,

Adrian
Customer Service Center

THAT WAS ABSURD!!! What, am I supposed to travel to English speaking countries only?

I bought my s5 in Kentucky and apps is all in spanish!

Steve Bahrani

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone was purchased in america. My apps is in spanish! Very offending! As I'm a contractor who competes against illegal imagination thus is really passing me off!

Jorge Ramirez Ortiz

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
You can reset the language by uninistaling the app updates. Just go to settings application manager find galaxy apps, uninstall the updates than go to the app and open it and it should ask you what language you would like to set. Hope this helps!

JonasWe

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't fix anything. The assumption by all these app store developers is completely rubbish. That it's still country-based in the year of 2015 is laughable!
I live in Switzerland where there's German, French, Italian and Romanesch as official languages plus ~10% who are English native speakers so it's a bit like unofficial 5th language. App shows German and I don't speak German, I speak either English of French! Crap.

Dminlee

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I went to Vietnam and use the viet sim card but I don't know Vietnamese language how am I going to understand ...Please upgrade this important Galaxy apps SAMSUNG.....it must follow the user not the sim card...thank you

Dminlee

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I 'm from Malaysia ...I went to Vietnam and got the app change into Vietnamese language ..but now I'm back home using my home WiFi but the language still in Viet . now my ' Galaxy Tab' don't use sim any more ...Samsung please upgrade this apps

vodaholic

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys if you're still struggling with this and your device is rooted then just install market enabler (you can search for the apk as you have to manually install it)

Once you run, grant it root access and then back up your current carrier details. Do a search for sim operator codes. You should get a list of all carriers in all countries and their corresponding 5 digit numerical code. Enter and apply a code of your choice (I chose vodafone UK).

Not sure if the next steps are necessary but I cleared the data on the samsung apps store and my gear store.

When I loaded them back up again, all content was in English and prices were in pounds and pence. Result! Don't forget to support the developer of market enabler. If you donate then you also get the option for the code to be set every time you reboot. (No I don't have any affiliation with the developer, I'm just greatful to finally have a solution to this ridiculous issue!)

cjbland

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I live in Canada and bought an unlocked S4 from a Toronto supplier via ebay. Everything worked fine with apps in English except Samsung apps which were in Hebrew. Later I bought a SIM card for international roaming from a well-known N.American firm. After installation the Samsung apps started to speak Italian! Using "Cellular Network Widget Lite" I find the "SIM Country" listed as "IT". As Samsung says the language for Samsung (Galaxy) apps is set by the SIM card. Obviously a problem if you travel or live in a multilingual country.