1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 - I Got one

Picked up 16GB version in black this afternoon from Best Buy after reading a tweet from AC saying they were available. So far so good.
    My previous tablet was the original Tab 10.1 so it has been a while and the differences are quite noticeable, specifically the screen and overall speed. Quite a few new features that I'm still figuring out but it's a nice tablet from what I've experienced so far.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default I Got one

After a full charge overnight I've been using it quite a bit today and I'm seeing about the same battery life as I did with the original 10.1.

I had them side-by-side today and the difference in screen quality is quite remarkable, and it should be with the Pro's specs, but it's shocking to see what I've been used to over these past few years and what I was missing.

The speakers are definitely better than the OG 10.1. With the old model I pretty much had it turned all the way up any time I listened to music or watched videos. The Pro might have a bit more midrange than I'd like, but at least you can hear it.

I don't use tablets for photos so I can't comment about that feature at this time.

It's nice to have a micro USB charging port!!! The proprietary port of the OG 10.1 was absurd and gave me that dirty feeling like I was using an Apple product. Perhaps the other Tabs between the first 10.1 and the Pro had a USB port, but knowing I'm free from that special cable and having to remember to take it with when traveling is a good thing.

I'm not sure I'm all that excited about the Samsung news tile things (can't recall the proper name). Reminds me of the Pulse news app, but at least that had a lot better sources to populate the different areas of interest. I probably won't use them much unless I'm extremely bored.

One thing I do miss from the original 10.1 is the back command on the bottom left-hand side of the screen. It was easy to touch with my left thumb, whereas this has the buttons on the bottom center of the frame. When you're holding the tablet like a book it is too far to reach without moving your hands. I guess I have to adjust to using my right hand instead, but it's still a reach. Same goes for the physical "home" button.

At this point I'm anxious to get a decent case/cover on it, and will probably get the Samsung version when it is available. I had their cover on the old 10.1 and it did the job. I also need a good clock/weather widget for my home screen and I'm undecided if I want to add a launcher yet or not.

Overall I'm pleased with the new model. Maybe someone coming from last year's model won't appreciate all the changes, but coming from the original 10.1 it is quite the leap and I'm glad to have upgraded.
    Thanked by:
    verks 

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 - I Got one

EG- I Also have the original 10.1 TAB, I Now HAVE the Note 10.1 2014 And like you, diff is
    like night and day . I got it the First WEEK ofJAN And use it everyday And have No problems I Installed NOVA Launcher And use Chrome browser . works great. I CAN Easily go A day on a battery change, Also got the SAMSUNG CASE , Perfect fit, I Also got A Padded sleeve to put it in because I carry it with me Alot. By the way - I Am using The Spin to write this reply.

Posted via Android Central App

You've given me some hope that I will like the new Tab Pro -- got rid of my iPad when Target was buying up used ones (good riddance to it and to cursed iTunes!!! welcome again to drag and drop) -- and have been using my original Tab 10.1 which is soooooooooooo sloooooooooow... (painful). I ordered from Costco due to their 90 day return privilege and am awaiting the Tab Pro's arrival and if it works out as I expect it to (other than the tiles), I will order one for the wife. Glad that you are happy with yours!!!

MikeSp

Got mine last week......screams compared to old Tab; screen is HD compared to SD of old Tab; the whites aren't as clean as the old Tab. Using GO Launcher X and Firefox (since I use it on my Mac and can sync it.

EngineerGuy.....I hold mine in the portrait mode with my left hand halfway up the side. It puts less stress on my wrist and I can access the home and back buttons with it. Takes a little getting used to since those buttons were always on the bottom on the old Tab.

If anyone finds a good case for it, please let me know.....need one for when I drop it (and I will drop it!!!!!)