Root the Tab Pro 10.1?
I've had my Tab Pro for a couple of weeks now, and I've come to the conclusion that the Magazine UX is pretty useless (for me at least).
Of all the samsung apps that come included, I think the keyboard is the only one that's worth it.
So, I was wondering what peoples thoughts on rooting the tablet were?
I just hate that I can't delete most of the samsung apps I don't want, and that touchwiz is slowing me down...
Should I do it?
Just trying to get some feedback from forum members on it.
I haven't rooted anything before, but I am sure its not too bad to navigate through.
Any experiences or tips to share?
Thanks in advance guys.
- 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM #2
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root the Tab Pro 10.1?
Reading the XDA TabPro forum it seems that people that do not like the Magazine UI do some or all of the following:
- Install Nova Launcher and use it
- Root and use Titanium Backup to freeze the Samsung apps they don't like (safe route)
- Root and manually remove the apps considered bloat with TiBu or a file manager that is give /system RW permissions
- Root and install CM11 ROM (currently only for TabPro 8.4)
Also the CM and TWRP recovery(s) are only working with the TabPro 8.4 but all indications are its only a matter of time before the whole TabPro series is supported.
- By lls5316 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2014, 12:21 PM
- By pooniemnb in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM
- By Mad Madge in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM
- By nickvicious in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2014, 12:03 AM