Wondering about my Tab Pro memory usage

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at my data storage the other day and I saw that I have fifty something GB available on the micro SD card but only about 500mb of onboard RAM left. So I plugged the thing into my laptop to examine exactly what was going on with the memory. It shows 57.5GB free out of 59.4GB available on the microSD card. No problem there. But the onboard memory is what has me concerned. It shows only 11.6GB total out of 16GB of onboard memory. I know that you never actually see the full 16GB; RAM or storage doesn't work that way. The microSD card is a 64GB card but it never shows any more than 59.4GB. But only 11.6 out of 16? That seems a bit off. But there's more. Out of the 11.6GB, it only shows 4.42 as free (it was down to below 500MB yesterday until I removed a non-working video). But if I look at all the data on the card, it only totals 3.19GB. I know that the OS takes up a certain amount of onboard system memory but it still seems like I'm missing a few GB of memory somewhere. Am I correct or is this all normal? And if there is an issue here, what can I do about it?

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Totally understandable, what you did not factor in is the android OS is around 5-6gb. That is where that space is going.

Posted via Android Central App

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It may also be time for a factory reset to clear out the memory. Some apps tend to have HUGE cache files.

Posted via Android Central App