A couple Tab Pro questions...

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
1- To use my "okay Google" function, I have to press the little mic icon on the Google search box. Then I can talk to it; it being my G2 or my Tab Pro. I use to have my phone set up where I could "okay google" any time and it would pick it up. How do I set my phone ( and tablet) up to be able to use this function hands free any time?

2- I was looking at the new Galaxy Tab S the other day. The specs on that device aren't much different than my Tab Pro. What's so much better about the Tab S?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can also open Google Now by pressing and holding the Home button.

To make the device listen for Ok Google on any screen, open Google Now, tap the Menu button, then Settings>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection, and check the box for "From any screen." Be aware that this may drain battery more quickly. It also won't listen while asleep--only when the screen is awake. I believe there are apps that can make your device listen even when asleep, but that will definitely drain your battery quickly. The reason why the Moto X can do this efficiently is because of its processor architecture, with one low power core dedicated to the always listening function.

The Tab S has a Super AMOLED screen (compared to the Tab Pro's LCD screen), which has more vibrant colors. Same resolution. The Tab S is also a little thinner.

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... doesn't really sound like the "S" is worth the upgrade at this point.
Anyway, thanks for the info on "OK Google". Got both devices working.