How do I move icons?

Steve_Me

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
cant move icons

I have a recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 T520 running Android 4.4.2. Launcher is TouchWiz

I have been adding apps to my home screen but now I am unable to move my app icons.

I long press and move to side of screen and it just bounces back. I can also not move them in the same screen. I can add new icons to any location but then can no longer move it. I can delete icons by dragging them up to the trash also. I can also add pages and add apps to them too, just not between pages.

Is this something i have done or is it not possible to rearrange app icons on the home screen once set?

Any suggestion as to what i have done or need to do?

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: cant move icons

Welcome to Android Central! Is there enough room left on the homescreen to move the shortcut to another location on the screen? If the screen is already full, then you probably can't relocate the shortcut unless you make some room. Consider creating a folder and grouping some shortcuts in it.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: cant move icons

I have a recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 T520 running Android 4.4.2. Launcher is TouchWiz

I have been adding apps to my home screen but now I am unable to move my app icons.

I long press and move to side of screen and it just bounces back. I can also not move them in the same screen. I can add new icons to any location but then can no longer move it. I can delete icons by dragging them up to the trash also. I can also add pages and add apps to them too, just not between pages.

Is this something i have done or is it not possible to rearrange app icons on the home screen once set?

Any suggestion as to what i have done or need to do?

Steve
Depending on how your home screen is set up, you may only be able to swipe apps to one side of the screen. Try sliding the icons to both sides. One should have a screen that can accept more icons. In TouchWiz you can create many screens for your app icons. Chances are the home screen your on can move icons to only one side till you create additional screens. Still, there should be one side of your home screen that will allow moving icons to allow adjacent screen.