My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520/T525 is not charging, how can I fix this?

IndianaJoness

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520/T525- not charging - needs ideas to fix issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and one day it just stopped charging. When plugged in nothing whatsoever is happening.

I bought the device brand new from the US but I live in Turkey. I've tried taking it to Samsung directly but they want a fortune just to look at it.

As the charger that came with it doesn't work here I bought one thinking it was OEM. It looked very legit and only once I put it side-by-side with an OEM charger you could see the very subtle differences. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the failure or not. It was working perfectly for about 4/5 months.

I've tried literally everything I can think of to get it working again, including the obvious:

Used OEM charger and various other chargers/cables
Formatted the device several times
Tried various wall sockets
Tried two brand new batteries
Replaced the USB/charge flex cable
Disconnected everything inside the tablet and tried connecting things again one-by-one to see if something was causing the issue

I just can't figure out what the problem is. When I tried the two new batteries (which had a charge) I turned the unit on and it worked just as if it was new, but when trying to charge still nothing.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Are you sure that the USB port is clean and undamaged?

Posted via the Android Central App

IndianaJoness

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520/T525- not charging - needs ideas to fix issue.

Welcome to Android Central.

Are you sure that the USB port is clean and undamaged?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, it's totally clean. As mentioned, I even replaced the USB flex cable with a brand new one but to no avail unfortunately.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520/T525- not charging - needs ideas to fix issue.

Yep, it's totally clean. As mentioned, I even replaced the USB flex cable with a brand new one but to no avail unfortunately.

IMG_1519.jpg

You need this tool which can find easily on Ebay
usb current and voltage tester | eBay
Normally with a Samsung adapter of 5 Volts, 2 Amps output you should have at least a reading of 5 V, 1.5A at the USB tester.
Test one by one until you find the problem :
1- Different adapters
2- Different USB cables
If you have the same low Amps with different cables and adapters , reading like under 1.5A or zero Amp, they are not the source of problem. If new one is good, the other is bad, you will know which part is defective.
3- If neither adapter or cable is bad, the next is test USB charging port.
4- If USB charging port still not the problem, then you need to check battery connector if there is any crack at solder joints to motherboard. This one requires skill if you need to re solder the battery connector. Battery connector is the one that connected battery cable to mainboard.
Sun May 24 11-43-16.jpg

If all of the above are not the problem, then you have a bad mainboard.

Last edited: