Got a system update this am .........not lollipop though ugh.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I got all excited this morning when it got the not u f u cation of a system update. Loaded it but it turned out to be just an update to 4.4.2

ponirios

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I updated the firmware yesterday and started having the WiFi scanning issue. I had to reset my tab pro a few times to figure this out. Long story short, I did not recover any setup from Google Account and Samsung Account during the factory reset process. You can add your Google accounts after you complete the factory reset process.

To verify this, you can recycle your tab pro a few times. If your tab pro connects to your WiFi, then it should be working.

But I am sick of Samsung firmware and software updates. I have a Samsung watch with Galaxy S4 and always have some kind of issues with the software updates. I don't think that Samsung tests their software releases.

Last edited:

floridagirl

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I did a factory reset 3 times and the last time I did not link Google or Samsung. Just added my Google accounts after the reset. Talked to Samsung support but they were clueless.

cwilly8

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Judging from the relatively few complaints, I venture to guess that most folks are not having problems with this update. However, ever since Google nearly killed my wife's Nexus 7 with Lollipop, I am extremely cautious about applying updates. I even chatted with a guy at Samsung tech support, who said there were no records of any problems. When I cited this discussion, he fed me some "third party" bunk. So if any of you are reading this thread and have NOT had the wifi issues, your comments would be appreciated.

""

cwilly8

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I did this update using KIES. So far no problems. I don't see any differences. Same Android version with a newer kernel (whatever the kernel is).

MTH1234

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I got all excited this morning when it got the not u f u cation of a system update. Loaded it but it turned out to be just an update to 4.4.2

I figured out a solution
1. Go into WiFi in settings and turn on WiFi
2. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and click advanced
3. Make sure you have WiFi turned on and toggle the setting that says "Passpoint" so it is turned off and you should be able to connect to WiFi again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs