Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Improving Voice Recognition/Typing Response on Tab Pro 12.2?

I used an iPad 4 for the past year (somewhat begrudgingly due to the interfacing challenges with my Windows PCs) and recently got the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 when it appeared in Costco with a nice discount. My number one attractor was the screen resolution and the expected Android compatibility with interfacing and sharing content with my Windows machines.

I'd gotten used to the iPad and used the speech recognition a lot, because it was pretty darned accurate. However, when I got the Tab Pro, I was dismayed that the speech recognition types out something completely different from what I said most of the time. It gets my message right about 20% of the time. And when I go back and correct it with the keyboard, I find it doesn't register about 20% of my touch events. With my iPad, a light touch is enough to register input of any key on the soft keyboard. But on the Tab Pro, I often have to slow way down and press d-e-l-i-b-e-r-a-t-e-l-y and hard in order to have it register input. Furthermore, I had to turn off auto correction features because it was changing the meaning of my sentences to something nonsensical and unrelated to what I was writing. I never had these problems with Siri on iPad.

Knowing Android stuff is pretty configurable, I am optimistic that I can calibrate the touch screen sensitivity and also maybe turn up the mic gain on the speech recognition (a lot of times, it doesn't register my speech at all unless I speak in a very loud voice, which is no good for night use because it will bother the neighbors who hear me shouting into my tab pro all night!)

How can I fix these two issues?

I'm going to try to post a followup of me dictating this post through the tab pro, so you can compare the results to typing on a desktop PC keyboard, which is this post:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Improving Voice Recognition/Typing Response on Tab Pro 12.2?

I used an iPad 4 for the past year somewhat be grudgingly due to the interface challenges with my Windows PCs and recently got the galaxy tab pro 12.2 when it appeared in Costco with a nice discount. My number one a tractor was the screen resolution and the expected Android compatibility with the interfacing ensuring content with my Windows machines.

I've gotten used to the iPad and used to the speech recognition a lot because it was pretty darned accurate. However, when I got the tab pro, I was dismayed that the speech recognition types out something completely different from what I said most of the time. It gets my message right about 20 percent of the time. And when I go back and correct it with a keyboard, I find it doesn't register about 20 percent of my touch events. With my iPad, a light touches enough to register and put off any key in the soft keyboard. But on the to have pro, I have to slow way down and press deliberately and hard in order to have it register input. Furthermore I had to turn off auto correction features because it was changing the meaning of my sentences to something nonsensical and unrelated to what I was writing I never had these problems with Siri on ipad.

Knowing Android stuff is pretty configurable I am optimistic that I can calibrate the touch screen sensitivity and also maybe turn up the mic gain on the speech recognition a lot of times it doesn't register my speech at all unless I speak in a very loud voice, which is no good for night use because it will bother the neighbors who hear me shouting it to my tab pro all night!

How can I fix these two issues?

I'm going to try to post a follow-up of me dictating this post to the tab pro so you can compare the results to typing on a desktop PC keyboard, which is this post colon

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Improving Voice Recognition/Typing Response on Tab Pro 12.2?

I would download Google keyboard. I think you will have much better results.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin
    GO DAWGS!