Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tex0322
  • 1 Post By bpsanborn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love this tablet

This thing is amazing. I just got it last week for $550 at Best Buy with a free ($129.99 value) Samsung Keyboard/Case. This is so much better than any iPad I've owned in the past.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Default Re: I love this tablet

Welcome to Android!

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

I've had mine for about 2 months now, it is a pretty amazing device. I've all but abandoned my laptop for this tablet.

And yes, welcome to the world of Android.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I badly need a keyboard/case combo as I find it too large as a tablet to use comfortably on my lap. Is the Samsung case good ?

I got the the $129 Samsung keyboard/case in white as a free promo gift at my local BestBuy. It is a very good keyboard option that works seamlessly with the Tab Pro 12.2. The case is a hard plastic shell, like the back of the the tablet, that the tablet slips into. The case also holds the the thin keyboard. It is a pretty good hard case for the tablet and has lots of protection all around and especially the corners. This large tablet is very susceptible to damage from a fall.

I would not have shelled out the $129 for this keyboard/case, I just don't feel I need a keyboard, but I am sure glad I have it now. As an everyday protector for the tablet, I bought the Samsung book cover. I have a similar book cover for my Nexus 7. The book cover has a plastic back that protects the corners and the flexible flap protects the screen. But this book cover is not going to help much for drop on a hard surface.

I would be very interested in a Otterbox quality case if anybody has information on good alternatives.

Brian
    Boston Area
    tex0322 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thanks for info Brian

Ian

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I agree with everything Brian said. I got the same keyboard/case with mine. I didn't think I needed it and I also would not have bought it. I love having it now though. It's nice for when I travel to be able to type out an email on a real keyboard when I need it.

This is my third android pad, first was a Toshiba thrive, second was Samsung note 10.1, and now I have p ro 12.2, l am very happy with samsung.